Climate has the most robust innovation pipeline in the digital agriculture industry. We develop digital tools using multiple data layers including weather, agricultural statistics, geological surveys, satellite images, and more. Early pipeline testing of science driven product concepts with grower customers is critical to ensuring all tools are operationally viable and provide the most value.
The Seeds & Placementteam is looking for a highly motivated individual to work collaboratively with scientists, data analysts and growers to gain insights and validate science tools and product concepts. The individual will be expected to have a strong field research, customer focus, aptitude for learning and understanding digital tools, and ensuring those tools are being applied most effectively with our research farms. The individual will develop and drive the strategy and operations of our internal field testing network to assure industry leading science is developed, validated, and deployed under field and farm level conditions.
What you will do:
- Direct our internal field testing network to test early stage science tools and concepts in real world operations
- Provide people leadership and develop future leaders in the digital agriculture space.
- Partner cross-functionally with Climate Science, Product Management, and Commercial to understand how agricultural data can be used to create new digital tools and product concepts
- Work with the goal of leveraging Science tools to drive action within grower operations; build concept tools as necessary to achieve that goal
- Provide real-time feedback to our Science organization regarding status of testing at critical time points during the season
- Capture and feed insights and learnings back into Climate Science to refine ongoing tool development efforts
- Be an expert user and teacher of commercially deployed Climate FieldView platform
- Create and visualize new opportunities which articulate grower needs and shed light on new business opportunities
- Assure our internal testing network remains on the cutting edge of technologies and tools for agricultural production
- Ph.D. or M.S. with 5 years of relevant work experience or B.S. degree with 10 years of relevant work experience in agriculture or applied data science.
- At least two years of experience with relevant data analysis and visualization platforms such as Tableau, Spotfire, or QGIS.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills with an ability to take complex scientific concepts and translate them into simple messages with customers
- Willingness to travel and work with our research sites and growers at their operations; greater than 30% travel commitment.
- Strong drive to learn new topics and skills and to develop innovative products for our customers
- Ability and inclination to work in multi-disciplinary environments, and desire to see ideas realized in practice
- Proven record of leading innovative and highly technical field research programs.
- Strong record of people leadership.
- Proficiency in publicly available data analytics and geographic information systems toolkits and experience in manipulating and analyzing large data sets
- Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem solving ability