Relocation Provided: Yes
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 7 - 10 Years
Travel Percent: 10
Lenovo’s Data Center Group (DCG) is seeking a qualified candidate to join our rapidly growing Product Assurance Tools and Automation Development team. This team designs, develops, deploys and maintains software applications for productivity and automation solutions. The software engineer will develop applications to automate manual test processes for the Product Assurance test execution team. They will also develop applications to drive effectiveness and efficiency into the engineering and management processes for the Product Assurance organization. They will provide technical leadership on tools and automation.
The successful team member will be able to work in a dynamic team environment, be an agent for change, and have a passion for learning. We want you to dream big and then find a practicalway make that dream a reality.
Lenovo is a leader in providing innovative consumer, commercial and enterprise technology. Our portfolio of secure, high-quality products and services covers apps, smart TVs, PCs, workstations, servers, and storage, in addition to a family of mobile products like tablets and smartphones (including the Motorola brand).
Lenovo employees focus on moving forward, rejecting traditional limits, and always seeking a better way.
• Ability to provide Technical Leadership to a worldwide team.
• Utilize problem solving skills to provide solutions for worldwide product assurance issues.
• Ability to architect and develop applications that will increase productivity and quality of test analysis and processes.
• Experience being able to drive test architecture discussions, influence the roadmap, and take ownership and responsibility over test solutions.
• Confer with users, study systems flow, data usage, work processes and investigate problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
• Create documentation by developing flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments.
• Experience with Python, Java and PHP programming languages
• Hands on hardware test or debug experience
• Strong knowledge of Linux, Windows and VMWare
• Understanding of database design
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.