Less than 5 years
Posted 299 days ago
Description of Broadcast Engineer Duties:
• Manage all engineering aspects of the technical facility including studio support, post editing systems, field production support and transmission of live/taped events & programs.
• Have expert knowledge regarding equipment, technology, and systems and be able to step in an assist in emergency situations
• Performs regular maintenance tasks including repairs, equipment replacement, supplies, etc.
• Documents and executes necessary corrective actions
• Ensures all transmission equipment is operating correctly before and during live event telecasts - corrects and documents technical problems and reports them to the managers
• Ensures compliance with applicable regulations and communication with other departments by maintaining discrepancy logs and equipment incident reports and regularly auditing these documents to identify areas where performance or process needs improvement.
• Assist Chief Engineer in overseeing and implementing Engineering projects.
• Must be able to insert and remove control room rack equipment weighing 25-50 pounds with the help of another employee.
• Works closely with General Manager and corporate leadership to implement new technologies and technical infrastructure for the station.
• Maintains station vehicles, including live satellite trucks.
• Maintains building needs
• Have working knowledge of the latest operating systems software, including server and desktop operating systems
• Familiar with networking routing and IP addressing
• Must be available to work during breaking news situations, severe weather, new system integrations and updates, and provide on-call services 24-7
• Display and maintain professional appearance, based on station standards and professional demeanor
• Must have a clean driving record and live drug free.
• Must have a background / previous working experience in engineering
• A Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related is preferred, but is not required
A strong candidate will possess the following:
• 2-3 years of professional or broadcast experience. Strong leadership skills and ability to operate in high pressure situations.
• Commanding knowledge of professional video photography equipment and techniques.
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly to all work situations.
• Professional, communicative, highly self-motivated, detail oriented, and focused individual traits.