DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Key responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Collaboration with Acelity counterparts
- Present product features and benefits to clinical call points utilizing effective sales techniques.
- Meet and exceed assigned quota and sales objectives.
- Effective customer needs assessment and solution development
- Effective sales process execution to include new business opportunities, lead generation, and competitive account conversions.
- Effective management of sales pipeline. Document opportunities and closed business.
- Present proposals, negotiate pricing and understand contract implementation and key GPO awards to effectively differentiate Systagenix and our product portfolio.
- In- service accounts by demonstrating products and applications for use.
- Maintain and increase penetration in existing accounts through effective territory management.
- Thorough knowledgeand utilization of salesforce.com
- Prepare, maintain and update a business plan for the territory.
- Account Planning & Management (including pre and post call planning) Customer calls in-person required 4 days a week minimum.
- Attend in-house training, sales meetings, conventions, trade shows as required.
- Complete all administrative duties including requiredsalesreports requested by management and expense reports in a timely manner.
- Responsible for obtaining and maintaining up to date records and medical credentials required by the hospitals in theterritory.
- Timely communication with marketing, customer service and otherinternal personnel.
- Follow company policy regarding timely submission and/or reporting of any customer complaints.
- Attend conventions
- Complete informational studies for marketing
- Assist corporate staff who are traveling in field
IV. EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
(Minimumqualifications for the position)
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S) from a four- year college or university. Minimum of 5 years of documented outside sales success with the most recent being 2 years in medical salesrequired.
- Advanced Wound Care experience in the Acute Care Market and Wound Care Clinics preferred.
- Must live and have experience selling in the assigned territory; exceptions may be made for specificterritories at the discretion of the company
- Evidence of top sales achievement with experience in multilevel account management required.
- A valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Ability to travel domestically and within assigned region often involving overnight stays.
- Ability to analyze salesreports and data to develop business plans and to create effective strategies to increase sales and meet sales forecasts within the territory
- Consultative selling and closing skills
- The ability to build consultative relationshipswith advanced practice clinicians (physicians, NP’s, nurses), supply chain partners and end users toinfluence product choice decisions
- Clear ability to work with a diverse range of customers
- Demonstrated ability to promote concepts and ideas to create customer demand; excellent presentation skills and ability to engage audiences
- Superior presentation, interpersonal, written and verbal skills
- Excellent presentation skills and an ability to engage audiences
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Positive attitude, high integrity and ethical standards
- Initiating and Driving Action – a proactive individual who takes initiative and works independently, drives action by taking responsibility for tasks, projects, and people
- Working Together – works collaboratively within and across teams, builds strong relationships, promotes team spirit, understands perspectives and motivations of others, communicates effectively, listens, consults others and recognizes the contributions of others
- Acting with Integrity – acts ethically at all times, shows respect for others, encourages corporate and individual responsibility, and models Systagenix values (We care, We lead with integrity, We deliver)
- Innovating and Improving – Looks for opportunities to improve processes, contributes to change initiatives
- Driving for Results - demonstrates a sense of urgency and commitment to the customer and their needs, sets high standards of quality and productivity, systematic and organized, consistently achieves goals
- Embracing Change – enthusiastically adapts to changing situations and accepts new challenges and initiatives, adapts style to suit audience, deals effectively with ambiguity and maximizes opportunities presented by it
- Thinking Commercially – monitors competitive intelligence, demonstrates financial awareness, identifies business opportunities for the organization, and identifies ways to add value