Worn Wear is Patagonia's hub for keeping gear in use, and Worn Wear does this through repair, reuse, resale, and recycling of preowned Patagonia products. As the Worn Wear Operations manager, you will primarily oversee the resale and recycling parts of the Worn Wear program, working with Patagonia retail stores to collect preowned items, 3rd party resellers of used Patagonia gear, and upcyclers and recyclers of used Patagonia goods.
The Worn Wear operations team is currently located at the Patagonia Reno Service Center, which is home to Patagonia's main warehouse, customer call center, and wholesale operations. The Reno Service Center is dedicated to saving our home planet through constant innovation within our supply chain and providing the best customer service for all our customers, and Worn Wear works independently and with the broader service center to fulfill the goals of Worn Wear while embracing the broader values of Patagonia and its mission.
As the Worn Wear Operations Manager, you will have spent a minimum of 5+ years working in warehousing and logistics and will work in conjunction with business partners throughout Reno and Ventura Headquarters. You will be responsible for managing and ensuring completion of inspection, daily shipping, inventory and receiving operations for the Worn Wear business. Worn Wear runs a resale program, where we buy back and sell preowned Patagonia goods, therefore, we need a leader who is excited about creating innovative solutions to complex operational challenges and can deliver operational improvements for all our unique supply chain functions to scale the Worn Wear program.
What You'll Do
- Provide day-to-day operational leadership and management to support the mission and core values of Worn Wear and Patagonia.
- Ensure that warehouse Worn Wear receiving, inspection, inventory, and shipping processes and procedures are functional and maintained to enable the proper processing of goods to fulfill wholesale and direct customer orders.
- Manage Patagonia's inventory of "beyond new" goods, including functional used goods and dysfunctional used goods that cannot be repaired, by working with various 3rd party sellers, upcycling partners, and recycling partners. Unique needs of Worn Wear include:
- Checking each garment for quality and functionality
- Sorting unique garments and conducting minor repairs
- Stamping/tagging garments with correct resale price
- Sorting each unique garment by quality level, price, garment type, year, etc.
- Strategically adjust department activities, policies and practices to meet or exceed key performance metrics and customer satisfaction goals. Actively support other departments in the achievement of goals.
- Implement systems to improve efficiencies and reporting/tracking capabilities
- Measure effectiveness of all our operations processes and customer satisfaction goals.
- Participate in the development of operational processes and offer solutions in support of the goal that maintains shipping, receiving and inventory integrity and accuracy.
- Provide timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the facilities and team under your supervision.
- Ensure that Patagonia and Worn Wear values are being embraced throughout operational employees.
- Interact with entire Worn Wear team and broader Patagonia operations team to develop solid partnerships and processes that are easy to follow and comprehend.
- Immediately report all discrepancies in inventory levels. Manage additional inventory that may not be "top sellers" and provide sustainable solutions for this inventory via creative outlets including reselling, upcycling, and donating.
- Manage and communicate with various upcycling and recycling partners
- Coordinate with key partners across the business, including Finance and Planning partners at the headquarters location, deliver on program expectations.
- Guide, inspire, direct, and discipline employees consistent with company guidelines.
- Maintain employee attitude and morale by recognizing outstanding performance.
- Motivate, develop, and empower a growing team.
Who You Are
- Deeply passionate and committed to saving our home planet.
- You are passionate about the Patagonia and Worn Wear mission, our culture, and understanding our customers.
- Thrive in an environment with a high level of autonomy, working with little or no supervision.
- Good organizational and prioritization skills, detail-oriented.
- Skilled at dealing with ambiguity. Demonstrate flexibility in a changing work environment.
- Enjoy working with others in a team-oriented approach.
- You have sound interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to listen and evaluate opinions, suggestions and recommendations of others.
- You can maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- You can be flexible within the position to ensure the best processes/systems for smooth completion of all projects.
- You have excellent communications skills, both written and oral, and the ability to effectively interact with Company customers and employees.
- You can remain flexible to change within the work environment and scope of responsibility.
- You demonstrate initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
- You can adapt and work in a fast-paced work environment with minimal privacy and numerous interruptions.
- You can effectively lead and work within a team
- Willingness to pitch in and help others out during slower work periods.
- You exercise sound judgment and follow all safety guidelines.
- Someone who believes in a growth mindset.
Experience You Bring
- You earned a BA/BS in a relevant field of study.
- You have 7+ years of Inventory experience in a high volume, fast paced, warehouse environment.
- You have experience with Lean or Six Sigma Methodologies.
- You have experience with ERP Systems and with receiving/production/distribution schedules.
- You have previous Warehouse Management System (WMS), Manhattan experience strongly preferred.
- You can effectively prepare and present information and respond to questions from management, clients, and other employees in the organization.
- You have extremely strong experience utilizing Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- You participate, understand and have a working knowledge of the sports that the Company produces products for.
- You have a basic understanding of and high interest in dealing with and selling used gear.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and busy work environment.
- On an as-needed basis, ability to travel domestically and internationally, utilizing various transportation methods.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.