The EPG Cloud + Enterprise sales team is currently recruiting a Worldwide Technical Sales Lead with a passion for customers and technology to focus on our core data products and services.
This is a global role operating as part of the Intelligent Cloud Commercial Office of the CTO supporting cross segment and cross channelsales to drive Microsoft’s cloud transformation forward. This technical sales leadership role has a high Product Team focus and is an opportunity to drive customer-centered impact on our strategy both in the near & long term.
• Be the senior technical sales resource for core database workloads and related products and services
• Lead a segment of the Microsoft Cloud + Enterprise technical sales community
• Lead focused Data Platform seller technical communities
• Own the relationship between Sales and Engineering focused on core database workloads
• Identify key blockers & drive transformation in sales for data products and services
• Remove technical sales roadblocks - including direct involvement in strategic deals
• Work with the sales force on technical escalations to accelerate deals
• Aid in architecting solutions in a complex sales environment
• Present to customers - from CIOs, to BDMs, to corporate leaders
Requirements and Skills/Qualifications:
• Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a deep technical leadership role and:
• Passion and appreciation for the unique needs of tier-1 mission critical core database workloads
• Strong understanding of mission critical database and the Microsoft Data Platform products and services including deep knowledge of SQL Server in OLTP HA/DR workloads.
• Understanding of Enterprise Data Warehousing and in-memory analytics
• Experience with one or more competitive platforms like Oracle, Sybase or DB2
• Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL
• Strong understanding cloud computing technologies, emerging trends and related technology
• Practical knowledge of building high scale data solutions across many workloads
• Insatiable desire to be a leader in Microsoft Cloud transformation
• Unyielding passion to compete and win
• Able to articulate pros & cons of design/architecture decisions across a wide spectrum of factors Able to successfully coach and mentor a broad constituency of technical sellers, consultants, partners
• Able to distill widely variant feedback into root cause issues and provide actionable feedback to other stakeholders
Occasional U.S. and International travel will be needed 10% of the time for specific events and customer activities.