Manager leads the department’s administrative, strategic and information systems efforts, and prioritizes/monitors tasks related to the execution and implementation of a broad agenda. Responsible for internal/external department communication; development and tracking department performance (KPI/SLAs); design, development, implementation, and administration of key IT systems-including overseeing their training programs; document management, including contractsupport; managing a variety of projects concurrently, including new terminal development; supporting field operations as needed, and other various administrative duties (including research and analysis) and functions as assigned. Role is best suited for self-directed, resourceful person with broad experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and disseminate department communication plan targeting internal and external stakeholders. Oversee reporting of operational information to Department leadership. Create messaging and hold training sessions for vendors and partners related to operational and financial policies and procedures.
- In close collaboration with Shared Services and Department Leadership, create, track, and report on KPIs/SLAs on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis. Includes overseeing the collection and distillation of data to produce results for reporting.
- Oversee the design, development, and implementation of information systems. Includes evaluating and negotiating budgeting needs for support and development.
- Develop and deploy training associated with the use of all department owned systems.
- Support all internal and external business users of systems (IMS, ERS, PCR), and oversee their administration.
- Direct department’s document management processes, including the adherence to company policies and procedures for document production and retention.
- Collaborate directly with field Managers and Legal to draft, review, and modify existing or new vendor or port contracts.
- Collaborate directly with Department’s Compliance team to prepare and perform scheduled or ad hoc audits.
- Lead or support various department and corporate projects as needed, in particular terminal development. Includes representing department interests, developing processes; collecting, analyzing and interpreting data.
- Plan, coordinate and support quarterly/annual meetings and events for department resources globally.
- Plan, coordinate and support bi-weekly/monthly meeting and events for Miami based department.
- Support field operations as needed at various ports globally.
- Contribute and support to the creation and management annual operating Port Operations budget. Support the management of financial performance vs. Plan and Forecasts for operations and G&A. Make recommendations to meet or exceed targets. Participate in the analysis and development of accurate forecasts for all expenses associated with Port Operations.
- Respond to crisis involving ships operations including, but not limited to, hurricanes, OPP outbreaks, legal situations and significant guest satisfaction issues. Participate in planning and execution of crisis response plans as part of the response team. Often involves interacting and briefing senior executives and participating in the situation room.
- Identify and enact process improvement, process automation, and creation of department knowledge base to improve operational efficiencies and controls.
- Minimum of 7-10 years experience in hospitality (preferably cruise), operations, and/or consulting setting.
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year College or University; MBApreferred, and/or five years related experience in finance, operations, or process improvement.
- Direct experience leading projects of varying degrees of size and function.
- Ability to communicate, support, and work with a very diverse cross cultural team (internal and external).
- Proven management experience, of minimum 5 years, to direct subordinate managers and staff.
- Strong written skills required.
- Must possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to communicate with all levels of employees, management, vendors, and government authorities.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong experience in finance and operations is imperative
- Ability to author white papers, reports, executive communication and create presentations
- Ability to manage disparate teams across functional groups toward a common goal
- Change management skills essential