The World Wide Commercial Workstation Strategic Initiatives & Operations Manager is the business leader accountable for the Workstations Desktop and Mobile products from Launch through the EOL, The Workstation OEM business, and driving key Strategic Initiatives to help drive the Go-to-Market (GTM) activity with our three key regions. This team will work with the horizontal commercial market segments including SMB, Corporate & Enterprise, and Public Sector, as well as the unique Workstations segments such as Product Development, AEC (Architecture, Engineering, & Construction), Media & Entertainment(M&E), Financial Services (FSI), and Education.
The role includes accountability for the sustaining product roadmap from product launch through EOL and for delivering key strategic initiatives tied to Go-to-Market and targeted to WS growth, operational excellence (PLC Process) and cost management.
Strong region interaction and teamwork will be key. Understanding the region and having had a previous role in the region will be key to the success of this role. The manager will spend time in field helping drive deals to closure, working with sales representatives, customers, and partners, making customer-facing presentation skills very important. Extensive direct country experience will be key to the success of this role. Travel will range from 15-30% of the time.
The team led by this manager is a team of strong performers that need exceptional top talent management and leadership. The team is based in Houston, TX, Fort Collins, CO, and Taipei, Taiwan. This position will be based in Houston. This role will be most successful when working in collaboration with the other business units and regions focusing on customer solutions that include pull-through for HP Z-Displays and Accessories products, software, and services.
Metrics for success include achieving/maintaining #1 market share for mobile and desktop workstations, improving the region engagement and GTM, and achieving the HP financial forecast related to revenue and margin dollars.
- Provide thought leadership and advise/influence strategic direction for WS Business through driving key strategic initiatives and driving global MWS and DTWS sustaining Product Management (Launch - EOL)
- The global scope of the role includes:
Managing the MWS and DTWS sustaining product management
Handling current product region collaboration and escalations
Managing OS/Security/Manageability/SW Product Management
Growing the Workstation OEM Business ManagementDriving workstation key initiatives such as but not limited to:Responsibilities in this role are coming together and consolidating from three key areas.
- CMIT/Workstation product line overlap
- Win 7 to Win 10 transition
- Region GTM deliverables and process improvements
- PLC process improvements
- Cost management
- PfV management
- Reporting as needed, such as POR vs actuals
The current product management organization will be split into two organizations and a portion of that team will be re-allocated to this new organization
Several of the responsibilities will shift from the CoS organization that has been doing these jobs in the absence of this Strategic Initiatives & Operations OrganizationSeveral of the roles are new to the organization, designed to drive efficiency and growth
- Partner with the regions to deliver the products and solutions they need, on time, with the right features, and the right GTM deliverables to achieve their market share and financial goals.
- Grow Desktop and Mobile to gain/maintain #1 market share leadership
- Understand Workstation GBU financial goals and deliver upon them
- Understand Horizontal and Vertical commercial customer segmentation and the customer needs to satisfy
- Become an expert in the workstation competition, esp Lenovo and Dell.
- Deliver required product training to the field
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (preferred) or Business Management
- Solid mix of Computer Engineering + MBA education
- Added Executive course from Stanford University)
- 15+ years of professional services experience
- Region experience a strong plus to job success
- Strong region experience required. Expertise in Asian economies China/India/Indonesia/South East Asia is a plus.
- A strong combination of Sales/Business Dev. /General Management and Strategy/Planning experience across IT and Telecom industries is a plus
- Retail/SMB/Commercial channel experience
- Demonstrated successful experience in managing a local and remote team
- P&L management experience; moderate size & complexity
KNOWELDGE & SKILLS
- Region knowledge and first hand experience
- Go-to-Market experience in region
- Understands key requirements of Corporate governance
- Strong business skills
- Understands HP product and solutions strategies
- Strong financial and operational capabilities
- Leadership ability
- Executive engagements
- Strong team player
- Knows the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job; understands various types of business propositions and understands how businesses operate in general; learns new methods and technologies easily.
- Can solve even the toughest and most complex of problems; great at gleaning meaning from whatever data is available; is a quick study of the new and different; adds personal wisdom and experience to come to the best conclusion and solution, given the situation; uses multiple problem-solving tools and techniques; strong leadership skills to drive complex matrixed organization.
- Able to come up with the next great breakthrough thing to do; is creative, a visionary, and can manage innovation; is an effective strategist full of ideas and possibilities; sees multiple futures; has broad interests and knowledge; can both create and bring exciting ideas to market; comfortable speculating about alterative futures without all of the data.
- Can quickly separate the mission-critical from the nice to dos and the trivial work; quickly senses what’s the next most useful thing to work on; focuses on the critical few tasks that really add value and puts aside or delays the rest.
- Well organized, resourceful, and strategic; effective and efficient at marshalling multiple resources to get things done; lays out tasks in sufficient detail to mark the trail; is able to get things done with less and in less time; can work on multiple tasks at once without losing track; foresees and plans around obstacles.
- Manages people well; gets the most and best out of the people he/she has; sets and communicates guiding goals; measures accomplishments, holds people accountable, and gives useful feedback; delegates and develops; keeps people informed; provides coaching for today and for the future.
Job ID 3018132