Workplace Site Lead – New York
LinkedIn’s Global Workplace Services organization isresponsible for designing and delivering facilities and services that reflectLinkedIn’s culture to create an environment where people love to come to work, interact with their colleagues, and deliver outstanding results. We are looking for an exceptional individual that hasexperience leading workplace operations (inclusive of facility & property management, food service, office services, physicalsecurity,project management, space management, andevents) in a high-growth facility. The Workplace Site Lead – New Yorkreports to the Regional Director of Workplace Operations and contributes to Workplace initiatives across the region and globe.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of all workplace services at LinkedIn’s New York City location.
- Lead a wide range of programs including facility management, space planning, reception operations, physical security, catering operations, events, and transportation, through a distributed team of partners and personnel.
- Develop and manage operating budget; proactively track variances and manage within budget constraints.
- Understand local team’s business strategies and priorities and translate them to Workplace requirements that directly support the business, with the objective to deliver necessary space and services proactively.
- Inspire LinkedIn teams to work together towards productive, responsibleutilization of space and resources that support LinkedIn’s business requirements, mission, and culture.
- Responsible for representing local priorities to internal Workplace partners, collaborating with LinkedIn’s global design, real estate, and functional program teams to ensure strategies and programs are the right fit for New York.
- Accountable for making guests and employees feel like the New York office is a unique, welcoming, and efficient place to work and visit.
- Liaise with IT, HR, Finance and Procurement to ensure that Workplace objectives are supported; operate as liaison for all Workplace objectives & commitments locally.
- Oversee the efficient delivery of services with detailed focus on quality, cost, and timeliness; Lead various service partners and personnel to Linkedin’s standards of excellence.
- Proactively identify and recommend opportunities that focus on better methods to achieve objectives which may include: process efficiencies, quality improvement, risk mitigation, cost improvements and any other relevant factors that influence workplace effectiveness.
- Develop communications strategies with leadership and key stakeholders on moves, projects and other facility or service initiatives.
- Liaise with property management with clear communication and transparency on project needs, vendors, timelines and coordination.
- Implement standardized / best practice processes that create maximum efficiencies.
- Proactively manage all maintenance work that affects our space; resolve issues in compliance with proper work methods and regulations.
- Manage ad hocproject management and anyassociated duties as needed.
- BA/BS degree in related field.
- 6+years’experience managing facilities operations in a campus environment or propertyportfolio managementexperience.
- Experience directly managing full range of workplace services through expansion & growth.
- Curious, flexible, strategic thinker who has created and evolved workplace programs.
- Proven ability to develop and execute complex projects and programs on schedule and on budget.
- A persuasive and credible communicator who can earn the trust of colleagues and senior management.
- Excellent collaborator, capable of working with others to find solutions to complex problems and leading teams towards shared goals with and without authority.
- Exceptional negotiator who is experienced in all varieties of facilities contracts.
- Strong financial management skills, specifically budget planning, accrual accounting, and variance reporting.
- Highly effective vendor management experience focused on providing timely, effective, high quality solutions.
- Ability to understand and immerse oneself with the unique LinkedIn culture and ensure facilities plans are consistent with it.