We are looking for an energetic, self-starter, hands-on Workplace Manager for 10x's Pleasanton headquarters. The successful candidate will be experienced in the workplace and facilities, with a focus on front of house (reception), office space and amenities such as our food program for 10x employees. This position reports to the Sr. Director, Global Real Estate and Facilities.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There's a dynamic energy here, and we're looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
- Manage receptionist/coordinator team, directing their day-to-day activities and ensuring that they are well trained to provide excellent customer service to visitors and support to fellow 10x'ers. Prioritize and assign workload and manage resources.
- Work with Purchasing to negotiate contracts for workplace vendors (e.g. office supplies and equipment), snack and lunch program, balancing great service levels with competitive pricing.
- Manage budget for suppliers to the workplace.
- Primary liaison with property management, confirming that they provide the contracted services. Direct suppliers to provide required Certificates of Insurance to property management.
- Manage the space database, ensuring that the floor plans and workstations assignments are accurate. Block spaces by department, providing room for growth. Work with departments to assign seats to new hires.
- Plan and coordinate office moves. Select vendors to implement the moves.
- Work with EH&S Manager to provide a safe workplace. Address deficiencies as needed.
- Strategize the best approach for space layout and furniture purchases in collaboration within Real Estate & Facilities as well as other 10x departments and key suppliers.
- Oversee small projects in the workplace areas.
- Support lab and manufacturing projects as needed, working with the Sr. Facilities Manager.
- Provide appropriate office wide communications through newsletters, emails, and displays.
- Support company events as needed.
- Five years related experience.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence at all levels.
- Collaborative approach with the team and suppliers.
- Ability to handle multiple requests, work in a fast-paced environment, and be responsive to customer requests/service issues.
- Ability to think "outside the box" and bring creative, nonstandard, and innovative solutions to the table.
- Ability to manipulate data and draw business conclusions. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.