This is a remote position - we prefer this person to be based in Boston or surrounding area. The capability to occasionally meet or work onsite may be requested.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
he Workplace Business Development Manager is primarily responsible for:
- Building market awareness of Zones global capabilities and Diversity status through participation in local/regional industry events, organizations and affiliations
- Driving profitably and developing target accounts in partnership with centralized account executives assigned to portfolios
- Work in territory on RFPs as part of their target account list.
- Building relationships within an assigned region in person and selling Zones technology solutions to clients
- Providing in-depth customer technology roadmaps and client account strategies; and collaboratively working with account executives to uncover new sales opportunities
- Developing partnerships with OEM Field Sales Representatives and optimizing joint selling opportunities
We are seeking candidates with the following experience and skills:
- BA in Business or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years direct, field-based technology solutions sales experience
- 5 years if industry experience in a business development and/or direct sales role; selling to Mid-Market and Enterprise level customers (over 500 employees)
- Deep understand of technologies that drive Zones solutions such as:
- Data Center
- Unified Communications
- IOT, Cloud
- Solid “in territory” relationships with partners such as Cisco, EMC, HP, Microsoft, AWS preferred
- Proven record of successfully hunting and acquiring new mid-market to Enterprise size business working with the C-level executives
Optional Preferred Qualifications if Segment Specific position
- Experience teaming collaboratively with an inside account executive in a high-volume and fast-paced professional environment preferred
Technology Focus & Requirements
- Familiarity with a CRM system for strategic pipeline management