As members of our People team, we are stewards of Intuit's greatest strategic asset: Our People. Our mission is to Maximize the Potential of our Employees and accelerate Intuit's business growth. Our vision is to inspire the world's top talent to innovate and make a difference.
Come join Intuit as part of our People team as a Workplace & Life Events Specialist. Your focus will be on the delivery of disability accommodation programs for employees globally and partnering with the Leave of Absence team to facilitate approval of return to work restrictions for individuals on a leave of absence. You will provide coaching to employees, managers, and HR COEs with questions, concerns, and issues, striving to ensure best possible workplace accommodation program experiences. Primary back up to Leave of Absence and Worker Compensation Administrator.
BUSINESS RESULTS (expected in service to the company, the organization, and/or the customer)
· Deliver best possible customer/stakeholder experiences.
· Mitigate risk to Intuit through proactive and accurate handling of disability accommodation requests, company and governmental reports, and relevant communications to employees and managers.
· Leverage interpersonal skills to effectively interact with others, ensuring all feel equally understood and subsequently influence how parties "perceive" issues.
· Influence improvements in service and program performance.
CUSTOMERS (who are directly dependent on this job being done well)
· Intuit customers
· Other stakeholders
o HR Connect
o HR COEs
o HR Data Services (HRDS)
o HR Line
o Leave of Absence Team
· Proactively process all disability accommodation and return to work restriction requests, engaging all interested and affected parties in the interactive process.
· Responsible for finding acceptable reasonable accommodations and overseeing implementation of the accommodation(s).
· Research requests based on country specific regulations. Easily transition to processing requests based on country requirements.
· Document all requests and outcomes to include accommodation request and response forms, back up documentation, case notes, and SalesForce cases.
· Keep stakeholders informed
o Respond to/research requests from vendors (i.e. Zurich, Broadspire) regarding an employee's ability to return to work with work restrictions from a leave status
o Respond to/research requests from HR Connect Advisors, Employee Relations and Legal Partners regarding disability accommodations or return to work restrictions
o Partner with LOA team to ensure timely and accurate processing of return to work with restrictions requests
· Maintain Workplace Accommodations Mailbox and Box application
o Emails are responded to within one business day
o Timely filing and creation of electronic records
o Update files with actions and communications sent
· Provide back-up support for Workers' Compensation (WC)
o Follow up with employees regarding the correct filing of their WC claim
o Answer employee questions and escalate questions/issues to WC Administrator as necessary
· Voice of Customer (VOC) Interviews
o Update VOC interview spreadsheet weekly in Box
o Conduct a minimum of 6 VOC interviews (4 employee/2 manager) each month and document interviews in Box folder
· 5 years of experience in a HR specialty role partnering with multiple stakeholders
· Disability accommodation experience required. Subject Matter Expert level of proficiency
· Knowledge of pertinent federal and state disability laws to include ADA, ADAAA, FMLA, and the Pregnancy Discrimination Act
· Demonstrated capability in researching country specific disability accommodation requirements
· BS/BA in Management or Human Resources or equivalent experience
· Demonstrated ability to influence across multiple stakeholder groups simultaneously without having to involve the HR Business
· Excellent communication skills
· Maintain confidentiality
· Good judgement
· Effective decision making & critical thinking skills
· Manage multiple priorities simultaneously
· Organizational Savvy (business acumen)
· Relationship management
· Team player
· Detail oriented
Valid Through: 2019-11-12