Fort Myers, FL
Industry: Hospitals & Medical Centers•
5 - 7 years
Posted 85 days ago
Our workforce is the “Heartbeat of Lee Health” and we are committed to our vision of becoming a national leader for the advancement of health and healing. Successful workforce planning and development is a critical component to our continued success.
In this role you will be responsible for developing strategic workforce plans by forecasting and integrating business objectives, workforce analytics, innovation and diverse people strategies while understanding both short- and long-term requirements for people, skills and capabilities throughout Lee Health.
You will assesses workforce capability and capacity needs to ensure Lee Health has the right talent based on skills, competences, certifications and staffing levels needed to deliver the best care to our patients. In collaboration with operational leadership, creates workforce plans for new service lines, realignment of services, expansion projects, changes in technology, cultural competence, or strategic objectives.
You will monitors Lee Health’s business strategy to make sure it employs enough workers with the right skills at the right time. Partners with HR Leadership on talent management within the organization, from forecasting to recruiting to skills development and career planning. Facilitates workshops and informational sessions for employment, employability, interviews skills training and promotes health careers.
You will be responsible for implementing workforce development strategies targeted to fill critical roles throughout the health system. Partners with key stakeholders, community agencies, educational partners, and internal staff to engage their participation in programs that enhance our workforce plan and community pipeline programs. Directly responsible for coordinating the development of new workforce strategies and project plans and is also responsible for tracking progress through project implementation. Assists with the budget preparation of youth programming, internships, and career assessment designed to build career pipelines, engagement and staff retention.
You will serve as a career coach to staff and inspires potential talent interested in the health care industry. Source, recruit and interview candidates for Lee Health youth programs and internship opportunities and ensures completion of all volunteer or employment processes in accordance with Lee Health’s policies and procedures.
You will also cultivates community relationships to enhance visibility of Lee Health and help people understand healthcare career paths into the future: visual, inspiring, and exciting. Creates, coordinates and presents workforce presentations throughout Lee County at both the K-12 and adult education levels. Serves on various workforce boards and organizations in SW Florida regarding Lee Health workforce development.
You will be responsible for collecting organizational data and use it to generate reports on workforce engagement, demographics, open jobs, vacancy rates, turnover, candidate pipeline, supplemental staffing and projected staffing needs. Data is used to improve business operations, including how to optimize work schedules, identify critical positions, when to reassign workers and pinpoint jobs that may need to be redesigned.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Social Work or a related field.
• Must have 5 years of progressive experience in the area of Human Resources, leadership or related field focused on education and the development of people.
• Must have 3 years of relevant work experience in workforce planning and development or related experience; preferably in healthcare industry.
Other skills and abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to design comprehensive workforce plans with an innate ability to be proactive and anticipate change, rather than being reactive to critical workforce needs.
• Ability to clearly define strategic workforce objectives and forecast staffing needs.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation/facilitation skills
• Strong critical thinking, project management skills and detail oriented
• Must be a relationship builder and innovator.
• Strong professional presence and ability to interact tactfully and effectively with others.
• Collaborative and team-oriented: able to effectively work across the health system and partner with business and community leaders.
• Ability to think both logically and creatively, a business-focused approach, high degree of organization and a commitment to continuous learning.
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with local schools, colleges and other community-based organizations.
• Enthusiastic and passionate about helping others succeed and build meaningful healthcare careers
• Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding healthcare environment
• Proficient in using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.