ID2017-9648Category OperationsLocation US-AZ-Tempe
The Workforce Optimization Manager is responsible for all facets of workforce management for a multi-site call center operation. They are required to understand the broader direction of the businesses they support and serve as a subject matter expert for forecasting, planning, and staffing in an environment with a high degree of complexity.
The Workforce Optimization Manager will be focused on establishing and maintaining all workforce management goals associated with tracking, analyzing, planning of work volume, cost, headcount requirements, shrinkage, attrition and performance. They will act as the key facilitator and liaison with the leadership team for all things workforce management related.
- Drive operational excellence related to workforce management
- Develop and communicate all operational and call center short and long term plans
- Monitor, track and analyze call center service level performance and scheduling assumptions
- Engage business leaders in business strategy discussions on all things workforce management related including determining workforce implications; translating business strategy into human capital needs and potential impacts
- Identify trends and incorporates those trends into long term FTE forecasts
- Sets goals and reviews metrics with all levels of leadership team to ensure consistent performance
- Develop and implement changes that improve overall organizational and operational processes that create productivity and efficiency gains, simplifying the business
- Develop and implement work flow and call routing strategies to maximize call handling performance while reducing the cost to serve
- Utilize data to enhance customer service, manage workflow, make changes to the business and establish an environment focused on exceptional customer service
- Build and develop a high performing team plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department to deliver on and exceed business expectations
- Ability and experience in building individual team member competencies and skills in support of Workforce Optimization functions.
- Required – 5+ years’ workforce management experience in call center operations or other high volume complex service or/or operational environment.
- Required – Experience in workforce management software (Verint/Impact360 preferred).
- Required – Experience in business consulting, financial analysis/planning, predictive modeling/forecasting, project management, or operational analysis.
- Must possess a strong background in statistical methods, modeling techniques, and expert level user of MS Excel / Suite. Preferred – Experience with training, quality and customer service
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively present material appropriate to the level of the audience
- Experience working in fast pace environment with ability to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and respond to day-to-day functional needs.
- Change Agent – Ability to lead and be productive through organization change and challenges
- Work across the organization as a thought partner; maneuvers through matrix complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics
- Trusted partner/influencer to bring increased credibility to the capacity planning function and gain buy-in from all levels of the organization
- Ability to effectively communicate and/or present capacity plans and respond to questions from technical groups and management
- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives with diplomacy and confidentiality between multiple groups across the organization.
Desired personal attributes:
- Team Player