Workforce Management Specialist ( Intake, Assessment, Appointment )
Oversees all activities related to workforce management: coordinating with all functional areas, creating detailed work plans and timelines, implementation and post implementation follow-up and monitoring. Responsible for development, oversight, and maintenance of inbound/outbound call volume forecasting, schedule development, long term capacity needs, and real-time analysis for CareFirst’s Intake, Assessment and Appointment Unit (IAA).
1. Recognize relationship and impacts between staffing, work activities and call volume. Monitor forecasting effectiveness and accuracy at all levels. Ensure Service Level and productivity goals are met across the IAA. Implement and maintain work-force management platform. Maintain and analyze work-force performance, lead analysis, and staffing change data for continuous quality and productivity improvement. Coordinate all reporting related to work-force management. Develops performance indicators and reporting mechanisms to measure operating standards and to facilitate effective decision support. Sponsors continuous work process improvement efforts. Organizes project tasks, structures information collection activities, and sets time lines for completion of required tasks. Develops and maintains centralized scheduling processes across all customer care activities. Responsible for accuracy and integrity of Schedulingdatabase information including schedule preference and headcount information. Provides ongoing process evaluation to:
- Identify and address new and developing scheduling needs
- Anticipate and plan for future growth
- Provide ongoing review and evaluation of scheduling policies and procedures
- Keep management attuned to compliance with SLAs.
2. Become the resident expert on workforce management software package. Ensure proper balance between Service Levels and project requirements to achieve contact center efficiency goals. Build staffing strategies that account for growth, seasonal variations, and special events affecting volumes and other cyclical patterns. Develop and implement staffing practices. Produce performance and volume trend analysis and run analyses on the effectiveness of historical data to current model. Participate in long range planning and the formulation of goals; and manage projects, and programs in support of those goals to ensure an efficient platform is maintained. Develops reports on analysis conducted, provides recommendations and makes formal presentations to communicate results to various management levels. Demonstrates initiative in identifying alternative solutions to issues which are reasonably complex and require an understanding of how the outcome will affect program effectiveness and impact. Develop, coach, and evaluate workforce management team’s performance. Communicate with IAA tam regarding impacts of schedule (non)compliance.
3. Oversees technology and process improvements to ensure the highest level possible customer satisfaction and cost effectiveness. Collaborates with Information Systems staff to design, implement, and maintain customer communications systems (iCentric, Triage Logic, Protocall, Workforce Management systems, software and hardware productivity tools). Manage/administer projects that are technical in nature. Develops mechanism by which to track project best practices to ensure these are leveraged into comparable future projects. Create plans requiring complex analysis of multiple parameters, each with individual constraints that may oppose one another. Actively participate in Intake, Assessment and Appointment staffing process.
4. Assist in the development of proposals for IAA, including solution and implementation planning. Develop clear, detailed, structured presentations around project recommendations and implementation, and present them to senior management. Create and carry out disaster recovery plans in the event of outages, etc. Participate in regularly scheduled Forecasting / Planning meetings. Complete special projects as needed.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics or Statistics with 5+ years call center technical support experience with data management and analysis experience OR 5+ years of business and/or systems background with a concentration in call center operations/workforce management. Expertise in the full range of call center applications. In lieu of a bachelor's degree, 10 years of experience in call center technical support experience with data management and analysis experience or of business and/or systems background with a concentration in call center operations/workforce management is required.
Abilities/Skills: Must posses the ability to exercise independent judgement in problem solving and frequently deIAAvelop new technical solutions for customer service environments. Strong technical, analytical, and PC skills, to include Scheduling/Forecasting and Real-Time Adherence software are required. Incumbent will have the ability to work independently and meet deadlines, see the “big picture” beyond immediate tasks, and think creatively to develop new solutions. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills, including an ability to formulate and present information necessary to drive change. Able to plan, direct and lead the work of professional, technical and support staff.
Must be able to effectively work in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Department: PCMH Operations
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job ID: 10825-1A