The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is naturally curious, highly creative, and obsessive in their attention to detail. They will be comfortable manipulating large arrays of data through scripting, query writing, pivot tables, and advanced formulas, and driven to push the company forward using innovative techniques in the pursuit of quantitative measurement.
- Develops daily/weekly summaries, details, dashboard reports and management summaries, both reoccurring and ad-hoc
- Develop reporting and deliver information for use in KPI management and decision making within onsite community operations.
- Develop and apply the ongoing analysis of demand forecasts, volume trends, call center capacity, and staffing levels in order to improve the efficiency of the company’s interpreter workforce across locations, days of the week, shifts, and platforms.
- Present findings in a professional and concise format appropriate for content and audience
- For the operations capacity planning process, assists in the development and upkeep of
- Staffing models—using the Erlang or other staff optimization techniques
- Headcount reports
- KPI measurement and trends
- Develops new reports on ad hoc or scheduled basis, maintains an existing suite of reports, automates new reports as needed, and implements self-service tools for all lines of business
- Consistently performs a quality review of data and report results; question and validate data for integrity and consistency, documenting report processes and the logic applied in all reporting to support our data integration efforts
- Experience working in Microsoft VBA and other automation techniques
- Minimum 5 years of business experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in analytical positions (business analytics, statistical, forecasting/demand management, data science, etc.)
- Demonstrable proficiency in VBA programming and automation techniques.
- Demonstrable proficiency in SQL
- 2-5 years of experience using varied statistical methods (trending graphs, utilization metrics, standard deviations, Pearson analysis, coefficient of variation analysis, benchmarking, statistical process controls (SPCs), etc)
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel is required (including but not limited to: PowerPivot, advanced formulas, nested statements, trend analysis, advanced charting, pivot tables and data manipulation centered on the date and time data)
- Working knowledge of MS Office (including Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, & Word)
- Advanced analytical skills and problem-solving skills, coupled with the ability to manage multiple priority projects and shift priorities as needed, while still producing accurate and precise work, detecting and resolving discrepancies, while managing expectations around completion deadlines with key business partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly explain technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Exceptionally detail orientated and ability to cross-check work to user specifications
- Proficient working independently—with little direction—and as a supportive team member
- Comfortable working with business partners across the organization
- Accustomed to fast-paced environments with simultaneous, high-priority tasks
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably in economics, statistics or business management; or a minimum of three years of experience in a similar analytical position
EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING A PLUS:
- Call center staffing techniques such as Erlang C methods.
- Forecasting or predictive modeling experience, knowledge of the Auto-Regressive Integrated Moving Average (ARIMA), Straight Line Regression Analysis and Holt/Winters exponential smoothing.
- Instrumental in gaining a consensus on guidelines and metric definitions for Key Performance Indicators; helps develop Business Requirements Documents (BRDs)
- Regulated industries work such as telecommunications, finance or related businesses
- Knowledge of American Sign Language and Deaf Culture preferred but not required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Employees may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time:
- Sitting, standing and walking (95-100%)
- Keyboarding (40-60%)
- Viewing computer monitor requiring close vision (95-100%)
- May lift or move boxes (up to 10 pounds)