The Workers' Compensation Program Manager is responsible for the entire Workers' Compensation Program at Chewy. In that capacity will supervise a team of Workers Comp Specialists located throughout the United States, manage the TPA relationship, work to drive down litigation costs as well as manage cases for some Chewy fulfillment centers.
- Develop a comprehensive Workers Compensation Program, to include writing policies and procedures, develop a litigation cost containment program, build and manage the entire program.
- Supervise a team of Workers Compensation Specialist located throughout the United States.
- Ensure you and your team are doing the following:
- Report, process and manage all workers' compensation claims for your assigned sites and ensure the WCS are doing the same for their assigned sites.
- Primary point of contact and resource for employees, management team, insurance carriers, broker client advocates, attorneys, Third Party Administrator (TPA) and medical providers on company workers' compensation policy, procedures, and regulations.
- Provide wage data to TPA to ensure proper payments are made.
- Assist in annual audit of workers' compensation files with Safety Department to ensure that OSHA logs are accurate.
- Work with the management teams to streamline current processes and find program improvement opportunities.
- Manage and monitor transitional duty and return-to-work programs.
- Initiate claims status discussions with TPA to discuss claim handling improvements and/or expedite resolution.
- Work with TPA and managers to develop methods to control cost and severity.
- Lead quarterly workers' compensation reviews with broker client advocate, TPA, insurance carrier and risk management leadership for the entire Chewy network
- Develop and Manage company Workers' Compensation policies, claims, vendor relationships, and return to work program
- Track workers' compensation spend, manage to budget and continually seek ways to decrease excess spend
- Develop Department Level metrics reporting for senior management
- Training for managers on workers' compensation best practice and company procedures
- Stay educated on OSHA regulations/requirements
- Maintaining provider relationships with account managers and adjusters
- Maintain communication with the injured worker while tracking their health progress
- Internally track and file all claim and medical documents
- Work with HR to process and track leaves/FMLA
- Communicate with adjusters on claim details, questions, and outcomes
- Working with Safety and HR transition injured workers into secondary return to work options
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years' experience in workers' compensation claims management.
- Advanced training, certification or education in claims management
- Strong understanding of state and federal employment law as it relates to workers' compensation,
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Strong ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively to meet given time parameters
- Experience working with all levels of an organization
- Strong interpersonal skills with focus on communication and problem resolution
- Strong work ethic, reliable, self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Competent in computer programs/skills: MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook) and general internet applications
- Must be willing to work occasional odd hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays and answer calls after hours.
- Travel requirement is less than 20%