Leads claims professionals ensuring execution of service model, production standards and superior outcomes. Promotes the success of the organization through development and advancement of relationships with agencies, policyholders and employees.
Essential Tasks/Major Duties
- Supervise, train, provide performance feedback and assign duties of direct reports to ensure productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Collaborate proactively with agents, policyholders and internal stakeholders on claims and provide strategic insight on book of business as needed.
- Provide technical guidance to ensure proper investigation of losses, identification of coverage, determination of compensability, evaluation of liability, damages and litigation management.
- Ensure plans of action are proactively developed and executed to conclude claims pursuant to guidelines and delegated authority.
- Ensure proper reserves are established and maintained to accurately reflect financial exposure.
- Utilize file audits, periodic file reviews and available resources to identify trends and developmental opportunities.
- Lead cross functional teams to identify and resolve issues and design and implement solutions to prevent future occurrence as necessary.
- Analyze and interpret information to develop and execute plans improving claims operations.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years commercial claims adjusting experience.
- Industry accreditation preferred.
- Ability to obtain appropriate state licensing as required.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated successful ability to lead people and get results through others preferred.
- Ability to think strategically with supporting analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Demonstrated successful ability to build positive relationships and partnerships within department, across the organization and with external customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with internal and external customers.
- Ability to travel overnight up to 25%
- Ability to travel daily between locations.