Workday - Quality Assurance Sr. Consultant
Appirio, a Wipro Company, helps customers create next-generation Worker and Customer Experiences using the latest cloud technologies. Our free-thinking consultants deliver unmatched customer value by creating actionable strategies, delivering results quickly, and helping organizations adapt to a new experience-driven era. We do this by harnessing the power of one of the world’s largest crowdsourcing communities and thousands of pre-built solution accelerators. Appirio is a trusted partner to some of the world’s largest brands, including YP, Cardinal Health, Coca-Cola, eBay, Facebook, Home Depot, Sony PlayStation, Moen, and IBM.
Cloud, social and mobile are changing the face of IT and business, and Appirio is at the heart of this revolution. We offer employees the opportunity to work with industry pioneers, the latest in technology, and some of the most innovative clients in the world.
Brief Summary of Role
The Workday Senior Quality Assurance Consultant will lead internal and global Workday project teams to validate conversion and system configuration in Workday. We are looking for an experienced Quality Assurance professional. This position requires strong leadership and communication skills in order to maintain strong relationships between the team and our customer. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated professional with a passion for quality and an attention to detail. This is an advisory and leadership role with responsibility for both client execution and team development.
- Work with Project Management to develop and manage a Test Strategy and Test Plan for a Workday Implementation
- Train Client teams on Workday terminology, test phases and best practices
- Work cross-functionally to understand design decisions, perform impact analyses, and manage any impacts to testing
- Drive defect resolution for both client and internal team members
- Provide regular Testing Progress Reports to Project team members
Recruiting & Staffing
- Support team growth through interview participation
- Provide mentorship to Workday Associate Consultants.
- Manage coordination of client and/or internal testing members to ensure adherence to test plan timeline
Coaching and Mentoring
- Demonstrate leadership and provide mentoring to the team as they grow their functional, technical and consulting skills.
- Share technical guidance through brainstorming sessions and development of best practices.
- Establish and maintain consistent feedback with Project, Program and Engagement Managers for health and status of projects.
Support and show leadership for customer relationship, project and pre-sales efforts as needed in the following ways:
- Ensure processes are followed for project initiation, status reporting, design reviews and project closure
- Keep project team relationships tight
- Serve as escalation point for clients.
- Contribute domain expertise in multiple areas such as business analysis, vertical or horizontal domain expertise, Agile practices, etc
- Understand the ever-evolving Cloud Computing ecosystem and articulate the core benefits of how Appirio adds value to our customers as a solution provider.
- Ensure and broaden client relationships across both business and technical boundaries so as to identify and pursue follow-on engagements in conjunction with the Appirio project management and account executives.
- Works closely with Account Executives and pre-sales team to support development of LOEs and change orders.
Experience & Requirements
- B.S degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent combination of education and Workday or HCM experience required
- Brings 8+ years experience with Software Quality Assurance
- Experience with testing Workday systems preferred
- Experience in working with Scrum/Agile methodology
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to synthesize information into clear, concise messages both for detailed analytical reports and executive summaries
- Effective managerial communication, including the ability to relate well with others and to adapt style as needed.
- Ability to work independently, work with a remote team, think creatively, manage own time, and take initiative to drive projects.
- Experience leading client workshops.
- Ability to manage client relationships.
- Ability to work from home and travel up to 100%, as needed for pre-sales, client meetings, and/or to meet client onsite requirements.
- Not eligible for Visa Sponsorship