About the Opportunity
The Orion Program Department has an immediate opening for an Integration Architect.
The Federal Reserve System is transitioning human resources, finance and procurement technology systems into one integrated cloud-based platform using the Workday and SAP Ariba product solutions. To support this new platform, operational support capabilities are being reorganized to be singularly focused on one goal – to deliver a world-class platform in support of the Federal Reserve’s mission. As part of this effort, a new ERP Support Office (ESO) has been created to spearhead technical support of the new solution by establishing an agile team that will embrace change, drive innovation, and rapidly respond to the changing needs of stakeholders. Change of this magnitude does not happen quickly, so this transformation will occur over 18 months between 2021-2022. Positions are open within the ESO for subject matter experts to act as change agents as the transformation becomes a permanent reality.
The ESO lead integration architect is responsible for providing architectural vision and technology leadership for the integration of the new Ariba/Workday platform with the entire Federal Reserve application ecosystem within which it resides. This includes architecture and design of interfaces required for these current SaaS applications in Hybrid-Cloud, IntraCloud, and InterCloud scenarios. This includes not only new interfaces but also the review of existing interfaces and providing recommendations of alternate patterns that would improve efficiency, reliability, manageability, and extensibility. This role would collaborate with internal support teams, technology brokers, and external providers to understand new Cloud services and integration technologies and their implications on the System. This role also collaborates with enterprise, security, and information architects to ensure that new cloud integrations align to policies, procedures, and roadmaps. As this individual is also expected to be an expert in Workday integrations, it is expected that this role will assist with the design of complicated integration requirements as well as participate in the development and QA efforts.
What You Will Do:
- Leads the definition, ratification, and documentation of the integration architecture for the Ariba/Workday SaaS platform along with any associated applications
- Leads the conceptualization and documentation of new design patterns and approaches, as well as evaluating new tools, languages, techniques, and methods.
- Coordinates with technology brokers to evaluate new cloud technologies and service offerings
- Coordinates with enterprise architects and information architects to ensure new cloud services align to roadmaps and to understand the impact on the organization’s information architecture
- Understands business requirements and works with process analysts to ensure that integration activities enhance business processes or to minimize any negative impact
- Understanding of FedRAMP requirements and cloud-based security controls.
- Ability to be hands-on and develop reference architecture and practical and consumable patterns.
- Expertise in practices, methodologies, and emerging technologies.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of integrations.
- Provide subject matter expertise on design and implementation of integrations.
- Provide hands-on design, development, and QA assistance for extremely complex integration requirements
- Applies the principles of software engineering to the design, implementation, configuration, and optimization of solutions in support of applications, databases, test automation tools, DevOps processes, and Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) products.
- Demonstrates technical skill in multiple programming general purpose languages (Java, XML, XSLT, Python, etc.) and domain specific languages (RESTful APIs)
- Performs peer reviews using software engineering principles, patterns, and development guidelines.
- Partners with customers in the development of innovative solutions that achieve business goals.
- Reviews and analyzes business and technical requirements and implements technical solutions to meet those needs.
- Provides on-call support, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, incident management, and service request management for supported products and environments.
Qualifications - External
- Minimum 3+ years serving as an Architect implementing Cloud-based integration platforms
- Minimum 3+ years implementing service-oriented architecture (SOA) and enterprise application integration (EAI) using technologies like Mulesoft, Dell Boomi, TIBCO, Informatica PowerCenter, etc.
- Three to five years of Workday integration development experience required; deep Studio experience is a must
- Extensive experience building Workday integrations using Studio, Cloud Connector, and EIBs.
- Expert in foundational web service and API technologies such as WSDL, WS, SOAP, REST, XML, XSLT, and JSON.
- Familiarity with Ariba integration a strong plus
- Background in Dev/Ops and operational support
- Experience with designing and implementing ETL processes and the use of ETL tools
- Ability to work and coordinate with third parties on data-related inquiries
- Advanced understanding of database architecture, tables, functional interactions, and recognize and understand impacts to downstream systems
- Learning mindset geared toward innovation and creativity for applying technology capabilities in new ways, necessary for both the delivery of effective technology and business solutions.
- Expertise in relationship management and an exemplary ability to manage stakeholder expectations through clear and transparent communications.
- Position requires demonstrated understanding of application and data principles and methods, significant architecture experience with mission-critical systems, and success with planning, designing, developing, and operating large-scale technology solutions
- Excellent communication skills with ability to express ideas in a clear, concise, and compelling manner; as well as ability to tailor communications for different audiences