The HR Technology & User Experience team, within the Varian HR Services and Technology organization, serves as technical and functional experts for people processes and technology with superior employee experience as our guiding light. The Workday HRIS Lead will partner with HR Technology leader, team members and others in driving and implementing Workday, our new SaaS HCM platform.
The successful candidate should have extensive experience in implementing Workday, a strong functional SME and an exceptional systems/business process expert. The person will assist in defining and implementing an HR technology strategy that focuses on increasing both employee engagement and productivity. The position is responsible for continuous improvement and support of our workforce solutions especially in the area of Core HCM and Compensation along with workforce reporting, KPIs by partnering with our HR COEs, IT and other functional areas. This role will report to the Director, HR Technology and User Experience.
- Effectively define business process solutions in the Workday Core HCM (inclusive of Security), Core Compensation and Advanced Compensation modules to ensure a successful Workday HCM implementation.
- Provide subject matter expertise in many HR functional areas during analysis, design and configurations phase for the Workday modules.
- Partner with team members and HR COEs in defining and executing on overall system testing strategy and execution.
- Implement and support new HCM functionality, processes and tools to continually streamline HR business processes.
- Define and execute on phased functional capabilities.
- Evaluate current processes to identify areas for improvement through technical solutions and best practice.
- Consult with HR Leadership and HR COEs to continuously evaluate and leverage HCM capabilities to maximize investment.
- Analyze, configure, test and partner with Project/Release Management to successfully deploy HR systems and tools:
- Effectively work with other team members in managing configurations and security administration of our new SaaS HCM platform.
- Partner with others in defining the data governance and security governance for new HCM platform.
- Evaluate and recommend functional features as part of the system releases. Establish cadence to re-evaluate and incorporate features as part of production maintenance, if features were not initially adopted.
- Ensure that users and the HR team are properly trained and that there is adequate documentation of processes and procedures.
- Continue to define, build out and improve upon the ad-hoc and standard reporting demands, converting it to self-service where possible.
- Partner with People Analytics team in defining and deploying people metrics for managers enabling managers to use data for talent decisions.
- 5-8+ years of HR technology, project implementation and system conversion experience with demonstrated results in developing business requirements, deploying applicable technologies and business processes design
- 5-8+ years of practical HR functional knowledge and experience, including core HR processes and some people analytics domains such as dashboards, scorecards, etc
- 5-8 years of hands-on configuration experience related to Workday Core HCM, Security, Core and Advanced Compensation business process management and security administration. Other functional module knowledge will be helpful: Benefits, Talent, Recruiting, Time and Absence, etc....
- Previous Workday implementation and SAP systems conversion experience
- Experience supporting and partnering with diverse and globally dispersed stakeholders and team members
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with demanding priorities and business needs
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; strong listener
- Highly collaborative
- Strong focus on our end user and building consumer-like applications for business purposes
- Very detailed oriented and strong analytical skills