The Workday Consultant is a member of the Global Technology and Application Services Team working on client activities to manage Workday Solutions.
The consultant performs analyses of Workday business requirements, develops solutions, configures, integrates and participates in all stages of the SDLC.
- Analyze, configure, test and implement the functional aspects of Workday projects
- Collaborate with the developers and the quality assurance team to develop and test significant new functionality and enhancements.
- Participate in local and regional Workday module review session, requirement gathering session facilitate requirements meetings, development walk through, and user acceptance testing sessions with the client.
- Provide accurate work estimations and target completion dates about the specific area of expertise, and be accountable on these
- Ability to configuring the system based on the client requirements.
- Ability to provide all feasible solutions based on the client requirements with advantages and disadvantages and provide recommendation based on the industry best practice.
- Serves as liaison between business customers and systems areas.
- Be Accountable
- Solve Problems
- Take Ownership
- Be Client Centric
- Be Effective
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Skills and Experience
NGA Human Resources offers you a unique chance to build a career in a vibrant, agile and growing organization, yet one with truly global client relationships and a wide range of opportunities.
At NGA HR, we’re dedicated to our clients, and we operate as a single, global team striving for excellence and innovation in everything we do.
RequiredEducation and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Essential to have minimum +2 years of experience in another HCM, Payroll, Benefits or Talent/Performance role
- Practical experience of delivering HCM, Payroll, Benefits or Talent/Performance projects in a professional environment.
- Excel in development activities such as coding, testing, documentation and maintenance support within the implementation of customized solutions
- Knowledge of HCM, Payroll, Benefits or Talent/Performance modules
- Knowledge of standard Workday business practices
- Knowledge of all the HCM, Payroll, Benefits or Talent/Performance business processes is essential
- Knowledge of employee life cycle
- Knowledge of data migration and interface to Third Party Vendors.
- Knowledge of Workdayreporting
- Knowledge of writing functional specifications
- Knowledge of setting up test scenarios and test scripts
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Must be able to translate client business rules to functional business requirements. Must possess strong analytical skills.
- Must have good documentation skills and should be able to work in global environment.
PreferredEducation and Experience:
- Workday HCM, Payroll, Benefits or Talent/Performance Certified, but not essential if experienced with PeopleSoft or SAP HCM, Payroll, Benefits or Talent/Performance
- Experience with TPVs using EFT/sFTP is preferred, but not essential
- Experience with Workday EIB integrations, XSLT, Core Connector.
- Experience with Pre-Sales acting as SME in Workday AMSsupport
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Proven delivery capabilities, with good motivational and interpersonal skills
- Well-developed communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
Customer-focused and commercially aware of organizational needs.