The Workday Analyst provides Human Resources system administration, including business process configuration, reporting development, end user training, and data management. This position works closely with internal HR, Business Systems/IT staff, and business leaders to effectively meet the HR technology needs of the organization with the immediate focus being a successful implementation of Workday HCMS.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Configure complex Workday business process primarily in the areas of HCM and Recruiting.
- Support configuration and troubleshooting of business processes in Advanced compensation, Benefits, Absence, Time Tracking, and/or Talent Management
- Lead the development, testing configuration, and implementation of new projects, enhancements, and interfaces.
- Responsible for translating business needs to system design, conduct system/data analysis, and participating in testing and deployment activities.
- Promote changes into production, following strict audit procedures, assist with tenant management, analyze Workday updates.
- Lead creation of audit plans, schedules and testing of system upgrades and new configurations.
- Research, diagnose and resolve issues (e.g. - end-user, business process, security, etc.)
- Work with functional team members to understand requirements and communicate system capabilities/limitations
- Partner with key stakeholders to create business requirements documents, system configuration documents, detailed functional specification documents, test plans and test cases
- Provide guidance and mentorship to other team members
- Maintain proper change management documentation to satisfy the company's internal/external audit controls and compliance practices
- Support major Workday releases, to include researching new functionality and education the HR team on enhancements as applicable.
- Identify impact and enhancement opportunities associated with a new release and direct regression testing and introduction of required changes as new releases are introduced
- Minimum of 3 years' Workday HCM experience
- 2 years' Workday Recruiting experience preferred
- Advanced working knowledge in the areas of Security, Calculated Fields, and Business Process Configuration
- Working knowledge in at least one other functional area including Benefits, Advanced Compensation, Integrations, Absence, Time Tracking, Performance, and/or Talent
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Proven record of setting delivery commitments and meeting expectations
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Ability and passion to analyze complex business processes and understand the details and concepts
- The ability to learn quickly and build and retain a personal knowledge base
- Strong business acumen
- Detailed and task oriented
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Meticulous documentation skills