Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace’s Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles -- the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
Collins Aerospace is looking for a Work Transfer Project Manager to lead work transfer projects with an understanding of the work transfer process and a deep knowledge and technical expertise in Project Management. Drawing on your expertise you will develop project plans and schedules. You will also identify project problems, recommend solutions, document projectdelays, perform critical path analyses and present progress reports.
- Develops project plans, schedules for projects under his/her responsibility with customer and supplier buy in and suggests appropriate adjustments to ensure adherence to the established project plan and schedule.
- Performs critical path analysis and prepares and implements work-around plans to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Conducts meetings, consolidates, and presents plans and progress reports relating to business aspects of the project(s).
- Identifies and reacts to project problems and recommends solutions, such as reallocating resources or changing contractualspecifications.
- Regularly interacts and interfaces with internal customers and external suppliers to ensure coordination and integration withthe applicable program demand schedule and customer requirements.
- Execution of the activities to successfully transfer the work packaged on schedule.
- Develop and manage the inventory transition plan to ensure continued supply of products for customers during the transition.
- Ensure compliance of technical and regulatory requirements including approvals, certification and qualification of the products in the new location.
- Ensure demonstrated production capability prior to hand-off to sustaining organizations.
- Will travel 15-20% to suppliers, potential international travel 1-2x a year
- Excellent data management and analytic skills are required.
- A general understanding of manufacturing processes is required.
- Must have strong communication skills and be process-oriented and results driven.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead project teams.
- Experience in a manufacturing engineering role in the Aerospace Industry
- Manufacturing/Operations/Quality Engineering experience
- Knowledge of export/ITC regulations and policies
- Lean, continuous improvement, or six sigma knowledge
- Knowledge of statistical process control
- PMP Certification
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or other technical discipline with 7+ years of related experienceOR
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or MBA or Project Management Masters or other Technical Discipline Masters with 5+ years
Job ID 01292730