The Work Methods and Procedures Specialist/Fire Marshall may focus on several areas of expertise provided by the electric transmission operation support for the substation M&C department including but not limited to: Work Methods and Procedures, Technical support for Fire systems, Human error analysis & investigation, and training. Incumbents provide field support for installation and required testing on fire systems, yearly GAP’s audits. In addition to any specialized support incumbent develops, design, and maintains bulletins, manuals, job aids, and tailboards regarding fire standards and work methods and procedures.
- Provides technical expertise, industry standards, and regulation code requirements to improve fire safety and response, productivity, and material performance.
- Attend and lead meetings with LOB stakeholders.
- Handles high level written work methods development and best practices.
- May lead, support, or review investigations of fire events that occur in substations.
- Responsible for the inspection, test and maintenance (IT&M) of fire protection systems. Manage the fire pre-plan program. Develop and update fire pre-plans.
- Manage fire protection system impairments. Participate in the commissioning of fire protection systems, report deficiencies to LOB.
- Manage and update the following Contract Work Authorizations: Annual Fire Protection System Test & Inspection, 3rd Party Monitoring @ Various Locations, and Alarm Response.
- Participate in Substation Property Loss Prevention Surveys (GAP’s audits). Work as a team member reviewing, evaluating, implementing, and closing Property Loss Prevention Report recommendations. Participate in after action reports and recommendations. Identify GAPS, make recommendations and implement recommendations.
- Respond to substation fires. Return fire protection systems to normal operation after the fire.
- Identify internal training needs and provide mandatory internal training.
- Conduct quarterly fire drills/training (currently-San Francisco Fire Department and East Bay Fire Departments with indoor substations). Provide first responder training for internal and external agencies.
- Work with outside agencies providing fire department tours, walk downs and education of PG&E substation.
- Total 8 years of related work experience
- ? Certified Journeyman Lineman, Electrician or Electrical Technician
- ? For Distribution, Rubber Glove and Live Line desired
- ? Guidance Document Author Training (CORP-0521)
? Advanced analysis and problem solving skills
- ? Project management experience with advanced multi-tasking skills
- ? Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with diverse work groups.
- ? Ability to collaborate
Requisition ID # 14255