Within the framework of the organization's mission, vision, and strategic plan, accountable for the strategic direction of the identified service line. Develop business development plans to achieve growth targets. Manage the service line to ensure effective and efficient operations. Develop and implement patient care service goals and objectives ensuring compliance with accreditation standards and governmental regulations. Provide effective leadership to achieve patient, clinical, financial, quality, and service outcomes. Responsible for positive physician relationships and staff development and retention. Responsible for the development of a high-performing service line. Share the responsibility of ensuring that the collective leadership of the department provides the organizational direction necessary to effect change and promote excellent patient care.
- Minimum of seven years of women's or children's healthcare experience required.
- Minimum of five years leadership experience required.
- Minimum five years' experience with collaboratively with physician leaders required.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to establish order and perform multiple functions in a complex, changing environment required.
- Apply an integrative systems approach to complex problem solving required.
- Effective analytical, business, and marketing skills required.
- Knowledge of business and health administration and information technology management required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Experience in a teaching hospital setting preferred.
- Master's degree in nursing or healthcare leadership preferred.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Nebraska or current compact state license preferred..