Primary Job Functions:
- Work directly with the distribution center management team to identify, recommend and implement process improvement initiatives to improve productivity and safety and reduce cost and waste in all distribution center processes through the use of continuous improvement tools and methods.
- Evaluate process improvement changes through key process measurements, determine the success of improvement changes and determine if further modifications or enhancements are needed; review with the distribution center management team and advise of further action.
- Maintain all change orders for the wholesale and/or retail SCE including the organization of when change orders were created and established as well as the successes and failures of each. Create and maintain all operational Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all change orders.
- Create, edit and maintain all standard operating procedures for each change order. Notify and train appropriate distribution center management team.
- Prioritize change order projects with the input of the Regional Director, Director of Supply Chain Execution and Director of Distribution Systems – IT for wholesale or retail as applicable. Provide appropriate recommendation, direction, timeline, and any relevant updates on a continual basis.
- Analyze the data gathered from the system or direction from the distribution center management team. Collaborate with Business System Analysts (BSAs) and Developers to define issues and/or needed enhancements; provide recommendation to address and the timeline to complete.
- Collaborate with internal WMS systems testing resources and any external systems testing resources to validate all new code. Ensure positive outcome of testing or make recommendations to appropriate personnel to modify new code for successful launch.
- Review accounting data from Finance to ensure execution systems are providing accurate data.
- Work collaboratively with the distribution center training personnel to ensure all training materials are created, updated and rolled out to appropriate locations; train appropriate personnel on change orders. Establish an audit system to check older training material to determine if updates are warranted.
- Coordinate with IT and the distribution center management team at each facility regarding each code promote to ensure a smooth and successful launch of new code. This includes appropriate scheduling and communication with distribution center management.
- Participate in troubleshooting with systemic issues arising from change order adjustments or enhancements including conference calls, onsite visits and afterhours communication.
- Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
- Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
- Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
- Audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
- Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
- Manage resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods and materials.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
- Bachelor degree in Logistics, Business, Supply Chain Management, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience, Required
- 5 years’ experience managing Supply Chain Execution software platforms for a large company, Required
Licenses or Certifications:
- Lean/Six Sigma basic certification, or ability to obtain within 1 year
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Detailed understanding of logistics processes and techniques
- Knowledge of warehouse management system software
- Developing, implementing and testing business plans and goals
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement tools and methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Effective meeting and facilitation skills
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Excel, internet
- Proficient math skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Maintain confidentiality
- Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- Display empathy, understanding, and patience with employees and external customers
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.