Wireless (WiFi / BT) Tech- SW Engineering Project Manager
- Job Number: 56884921
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: 17-Aug-2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
The Software team is looking for an experienced software project manager to work with our Wireless Technologies - Connectivity engineering teams. The successful candidate will need strong project management & software fundamentals, excellent communication skills, and a desire to work with amazing teams to develop ground-breaking products. This role includes working with our WiFi & Bluetooth engineering team to define, schedule, track and communicate status of all work taking place within those teams. Facilitating communication with internal and external groups is essential.
- Experience project managing complex, cross functional projects.
- Fluent in software engineering processes with considerable software release experience.
- Self-motivated and pro-active with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Great attention to detail.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Desired skills/experience:
- Knowledge of wireless communications technology and/or other technologies in the mobile area.
- macOS/iOS/watchOS experience.
- Experience managing external technology vendors.
- Knowledge of hardware and factory processes.
- Experience developing and releasing a consumer product.
Work closely with our WiFi and Bluetooth engineering teams to define new features, manage a diverse portfolio of deliverables, and oversee all aspects of project information including timelines, resource allocation, scope and definition. Understand new technology as it comes together, and track / facilitate cross functional tasks and deliverables to achieve on-time results with high quality. Facilitating communication between cross-functional groups is critical. Ability to proactively identify, drive, and track issues, risks, and tasks, and prioritize on a daily basis is a requirement. Must thrive in a fast-paced environment. This role requires an energetic and motivated individual with excellent communication, organization, and technical skills to work cross functionally with other organizations (internal and external), who can communicate status to all levels of management. Understanding of wireless technology is highly desired. Experience working with external vendors is highly desired. Understanding iOS / watchOS development is a plus. Experience managing multiple complex projects is a must.
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent.
* Good understanding of software development * macOS, watchOS / iOS experience desired