If you are a Wireless System Test Engineer professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Shakopee, MN location, you will be a part of the wireless product team supporting innovative new product development programs. You will work with designing, automating, and executing complex system testing of wireless communcation networks using programming, and scripting tools to automate and document the results of functional, performance, and reliability tests.
AS WIRELESS SYSTEMS TEST ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
- Work as part of a cross functional new product development team
- Capture detailed system test requirements for advanced wireless networking products and applications
- Develop and implement detailed system test procedures
- Design and deploy large system test networks
- Design and develop modular and maintainable test automation tools
- Apply data analysis tools to reduce large system test data sets to identify issues and determine whether systems perform in accordance with functional, performance, and reliability requirements
- Effectively document and communicate results
WHO YOU ARE:
You balance planning with actions. You stay aligned with your goals and stay productive. You seek out experts and innovators to learn about the impact emerging technologies might have on your business. You become an early adopter. You manage uncertainty with confidence. You know to prepare for unexpected outcomes and try different solutions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Software Engineering or Science from an engineering school.
- Zero (0) to Two + (2+) years of related experience.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- ABET-accredited engineering degree preferred
- Experience designing, automating, and executing complex system testing of wireless
- Proficient in the use of programming and scripting tools (VB.net, Python, Labview, Matlab, SQL, SQL Server)
- Experience with Spectrum analyzer and Network analyzers
- DCS (Delta V, Allen Bradley, Honeywell) PLC control systems
- Solid understanding of Process Control Instrumentation
- Some experience conducting radio frequency performance and spectrum conformance testing.
- Familliarity with reliability testing