SpiderCloud is looking for a MS or phD in Electrical Engeenering with some industry experience to play an important role in the complete product development cycle for our UMTS, LTE, and 5G wireless products, with a focus on MAC/PHY algorithms and wireless system performance.
The ideal candidate has experience in wireless communication systems, some C/C++ coding experience, and an interest in implementing and debugging real-world algorithms.
- Design, develop, enhance, and maintain wireless algorithms and embedded software for 3G/LTE/5G radio access networks and other advanced technologies.
- Debug complex wireless issues seen during QA testing, at customer field trials, and at live customer deployments.
- Own overall system performance at the air-interface and understand how it relates to customer-visible KPI like call drop rate and voice quality in a variety of RF environments.
- Understand 3GPP MAC and PHY-layer procedures, expected behavior, and typical performance tradeoffs, especially as they relate to overall system performance.
- Support RF hardware integration and debugging including new hardware bring-up, manufacturing support, and debugging various RF issues. Understand expected RF performance and take initiative to highlight anomalies.
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering with focus on wireless communications.
- Hands-on implementation experience, 2-3 yrs of industry experience in a wireless software development or wireless system design role is preferred.
- Deep understanding of RF and Wireless Communications Fundamentals, RFarchitecturetradeoffs. Knowledge of digital signal processing, channel coding fundamentals, wireless channel modeling, link adaptation, etc is a plus
- Familiar with C/C++ software development in a Linux development environment and associated tools