At InterDigital, we are committed in shaping the future of wireless technology through world-class research and technical leadership within the industry's standardization forums. Our strengths come from each member of our research team through a positive, collaborative work environment where everyone is committed to excellence.
We are currently looking for an innovative Wireless Research Engineer to contribute in the design and validation of advanced wireless protocols and algorithms for future 3GPP radio access technologies, including New Radio (NR), LTE-Advanced PRO and Narrow-Band IoT. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of wireless communications research & design validation experience and proven experience with 3GPP RAN Standards. Opens in New Window
The candidate will contribute to the development and validation of innovative solutions, algorithms, protocols and systems addressing the challenges of future wireless systems including heterogeneous network deployments in licensed and unlicensed spectrum, distributed connectivity, radio links at higher frequency ranges, ultra-reliable and low latency connectivity and support for new verticals for integrated applications.
The candidate will contribute to the simulation and/or 3GPP RAN team:
- By carrying out physical layer and/or system-level design validation for 5G radio technologies and beyond – including evolutions of 3GPP New Radio (NR), LTE-Advanced PRO and Narrow-Band IoT;
- Through evaluation, analysis and development of innovative solutions for control and transfer of user data at L1/PHY, L2/MAC and L3/RRC protocol layers;
- B.Eng., M.S., or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering (or similar / equivalent)
- Up to 11 years of related experience in the field of wireless communications
- Experience and/or knowledge of 3GPP Standards, preferably also with standards processes including RAN WG1, WG2, WG4
- Experience with GitHub/GitLab, ns-3, C/C++ and Python is desirable
- Experience with design or use of machine learning/deep learning (ML/DL) artificial intelligence (AI) training to improve wireless air interface and system performance is desirable
- Experience in design and/or research in wireless air interfaces and systems
- Strong analytical, technical, and innovative skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, innovative, collaborative and team-oriented work environment
- Dedicated, result oriented professional with an attitude for getting the job done
- Willing to take challenges in a fast paced and high-pressure environment
There are 4 positions available for the simulation team and for the 3GPP RAN team; multiple positions may be filled using this posting.