Our client is a leading global OEM in the telecom wireless industry, developing hardware and software for mobile/wireless applications. Their innovation-forward business model has driven consistently high growth and profitability over their 20-year history, with double-digit growth last year. They are hiring a Wireless Product Manager to manage product development lifecycles and launches within the wireless solutions portfolio.
The Wireless Product Manager will bring the vision and thought leadership to guide the product development team, often with the opportunity to work directly with carriers. This manager will have the authority to coordinate team efforts to align with budget, deadlines, and quality requirements.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary package, plus comprehensive benefits, stock options, and equity
- Company is financially stable, debt-free, and projected to double revenue within 5 years
- High level of responsibility and influence over product development, branding, marketing, and strategy
- Strong cross-functional supportnetwork of sales, engineering, and operations professionals
- Tuition reimbursement program, strong mentorship program, and advancement opportunities
- Company-sponsored attendance at top trade shows and industry events.
- Cutting-edge technology and a culture of innovation.
- Huge pool of resources and budget.
- Own product vision, development, strategy, and business value. Develop innovative strategies for new product launches and marketing.
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams within engineering, service, and operations to achieve product launches, go-to-market goals, and other product decisions and initiatives.
- Plan product launches to deliver products on schedule.
- Work with sales team to develop brand positioning through compelling product briefs, product roadmaps, marketing requirement documents (MRDs), business cases, and marketing materials such as brochures, presentations, datasheets, and application notes.
- Give onsite product demonstrations, lead webinars, deliver technical manuals, and demonstrate product features at top trade shows and events.
- Analyze and own issue resolution, drive action, and manage key negotiations. Take ownership of key product decisions.
- Set product pricing to align with profitability and target goals.
- Provide training to sales force as needed, and respond to technical and support inquiries.
- 4+ years of industry experience in the wireless/telecom space, with strong experience in product management. A background in RF engineering is ideal.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer science, or a related technical field.
- Technical proficiency with test equipment, scanners, spectrum analyzers, RAN, WiFi, RF, DAS, and network optimization.
- Advanced understanding of cellular and wireless data technologies, including WiFi, LTE, WCDMA, and GSM/GPRS, especially on the hardware side.
- Strong deadline awareness, organization, and leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including advanced negotiation and presentation delivery skills
- Strong customer-facing and technical presentation skills.