"Professionally Stretched. Continual Certifications. Competitive Salaries. Working Amongst the Brightest Minds. Enterprise Level Projects. Shared Warrior Spirit. Sticky." Just a few phrases that our talented employees are saying about GDT.
We have an immediate need for a Wireless Associate Network Engineer (Junior Wireless Network Engineer) and here is your chance to learn what the GDT hype is about.
As the Wireless Associate Network Engineer, you will work with a broad range of solutions such as smart city projects, CMX technologies, IoT and WLAN.
You will expand your technical reach to include Ekahau Survey Pro, AirMagnet Survey, Cisco, Meraki, Mist, and Aruba, just to name a few.
You will primarily work in the field performing RF site surveys, and RF Design support, but also assisting other team members with troubleshooting environments.
This role is not for the timid or the single-task minded, and the successful Associate Network Engineer will believe in total ownership of projects and "Deliver Exceptional". You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the brightest minds in the industry (as part of the wolf pack), while working independently (lone-wolf) on certain tasks.
The "must haves" for this role:
- Experience working in Cisco Partner / VAR / Professional Services environment is a strong plus
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in RF Survey and RF Design field work.
- Support experience in Data, Voice Roaming, Location Services
- RF post-implementation validation surveys.
- Expert troubleshootingexperiencerequired to solve complex RF Issues
- Ekahau Survey Pro / AirMagnet Survey experience is required
- Access Point on a stick survey experience (mandatory)
- Predictive survey experience is a plus
- Experience building RF Design reports using Microsoft Word
- Experience with physical installation of AP's is a plus
- Cisco / Merak AP configuration and turn-up experience is a plus
- Aruba experience is a plus
- Technical writing and documentation using tools such as Microsoft Work and Visio
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Certifications related to wireless technologies such as CCNA, CWNA, CWDP preferred.
We are GDT. We are the 6th largest Cisco VAR in North America. We pride ourselves in hiring the brightest minds who thrive in an autonomous environment. Our talented employees all share key characteristics:
- Warrior Spirit – accepts, tackles, conquers challenges, thrives in an autonomous environment, be a leader while accepting leadership
- Thought Leaders – "Out of the box" mentality and approaches, total cost of ownership on each and every project, continual drive to pave the way to the cutting edge
- Highly consultative skills – engage with your peers, but also just as comfortable engaging with your client on project status and best practices.
If you possess these characteristics, and are looking for your next challenging career, then we want to hear from you!
GDT is a great place to work, and we have the plaques to prove it. Our culture fosters ideas that drive innovations and new technologies to improve on the customer experience. You will be part of the solution, and by that we mean that you will have shared responsibility and ownership resulting in shared recognition and reward.