TE Connectivity’s Engineering Managers provide leadership for cross functional engineering teams. They work with senior management to define technical road maps aligned with market directions and communicate across other Business Units to share applicable technology. Our Engineering Managers leverage TE global technology to increase competitive position and increased value to our customers. They identify relevant technology trends and opportunities, develop relationships and partnerships with key customers, industry leaders and core suppliers, define and manage IP strategy, assess talent and implement development plans to assure succession planning and organization capability.TEGTA16
Responsibilities & Qualifications
TE's Aerospace, Defense & Marine Division is currently seeking a highly motivated Engineering Manager to provide strategic vision and engineering leadership to drive innovation, targeting new product development and sustaining for Marine, Oil and Gas wire and cable products. This opportunity will provide highly valued global experience as well as developing advanced skills in hands on engineering, design for manufacturing, six sigma, project management and lean manufacturing. As a member of the Global Marine Oil and Gas Group, the candidate will work on high impact, high profile projects along with business unit and technology teams to deliver global optimization of TE Connectivity’s global Marine Oil and Gas business
Key tasks of the job:
- General development and management of engineering & engineering support teams, to include and assist with recruitment, technical skills requirements, appraisals, succession planning, team building, compensation reviews, career development and training.
- Ensure best practice regarding use of and adoption of engineering processes and tools to allow efficient delivery of projects and support of existing products.
- Ensure engineering team implement and operate within the MOG defined procedures
- Establish and maintain engineering resource requirements to deliver development project requirements.
- Ensure teams work collaboratively with all other business functions.
- Maintain regular communication with MOG Global Engineer Lead and Senior Management Team.
- Liaison and coordination with MOG Product Management, Business Development and Sales organization to ensure global strategies are in line with the business direction.
- Assist in the definition and implementation of wire and cable development strategies, product roadmaps in line with sales, business development and customer requirements.
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators to show compliance plus trends for quality, cost, time and performance.
- Work closely with the global project management team to manage project prioritization and resource allocation needs.
- Coordination and management of customer complaints, direct / indirect customer support and reaction.
- BS in Engineering from an accredited university
- At least 5 years engineering team leadership experience.
- Global travel may be required