$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Do you have a knack for technology? Are you at your best when supporting others? We're looking for someone like that to:
• Provide global production support for the Windows distributed infrastructure while on shift.
• Address incidents picked up by the monitoring systems alerting on global Windows infrastructure within a timely manner
• Resolve problem tickets allocated to team on central management tools (e.g. SNOW)
• Implement requests for service as generated in manual and automated ticketing systems (e.g. SNOW, etc)
• Regular verbal and written communication with business partners and other support teams to clarify details of incidents or service requests to maintain production stability and meet established SLA's.
• Liaise with vendors to analyze crash dumps, or infrastructure problems
• Write technical documentation as needed
• A solid understanding of a Windows-based operating system, preferable Windows, 2003, 2008, 2012, DHCP and DFS , Windows Clustering(Understanding of Citrix, VMware, MOM, AD, Exchange 2003, 2010, Lync, will be a big advantage
• Work during weekend and participating in a 24x7 shift roster
You will be a member of 24X7 Operational support group supporting Global Windows environment within the bank. ensuring the quality, stability of the Wintel environment and supporting business managers in planning IT project requirements.
• University degree with 3+ years' experience in supporting WINDOWs based distributed computing environment with a large number of systems (2000+)
• A solid understanding of a Windows-based operating system, preferable Windows, 2003, 2008, 2012, (Understanding of Citrix, VMware, MOM, AD, Exchange 2003, 2010, Lync, will be a big advantage)
• Provide projects support for the Windows distributed infrastructure, preferably worked in Storage Migration, DC Exit, OS Migration, Windows estate wide remediation projects and BCM/Isolation tests, Power down activities
• Good written and spoken English, able to communicate in English with remote teams whose first language is not English
• Team work, ability to contribute to and work in a team, as well as at times step up and lead a number of people when handling problems or incidents
• Strong inter-personal and communication skills, capable of writing/contributing to technical knowledge articles
• Independent problem solving skills and effective time management
• Ability to analyze and solve problems quickly and completely
• Good troubleshooting skills with knowledge of key operating system concepts.
• Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts, such as NFS, routing, troubleshooting network related issues.
• Server patching and resolving issue encounter during the activity . Participate on remediation work.
desirable skills are
• Basic understanding of the Banking and Finance industries with previous job experience a plus.
• Understanding and working knowledge of authentication and naming services, including NIS, LDAP with Kerberos, Power Broker, DNS, NTP, etc…
• Strong analytical and logical skills
• ITIL Knowledge
• Writing technical documentation as needed and ensuring they are updated timely.
• Powershell Scripting.
You have :
• Ability to establish good working relationship with various teams
• Technical Troubleshooting Skill / Problem solving ability
• Issue Management and effective escalation management
• Global User support exposure is an advance
• Technical understanding of the project content and delivery (timely accomplishment of assigned responsibility)
• Ability to work under pressure / tight deadline
Valid Through: 2019-10-14