Windows & VMware Administrator
11 - 15 years experience • Software
Role : Windows & VMware Administrator
Location : Washington, DC
Duration : Fulltime
Job Profile Summary:
Must have skills : Onsite and offshore experience
1. Manage and Administer physical and virtual servers, primarily Windows2008/2012 servers
2. Support and management of server virtualization, server provisioning, physical server maintenance, security compliance and daily operations
3. Maintain server lifecycle - provisioning, maintenance, and decommissioning of the hardware
4. Maintain the virtualized server environment via configuration, implementation, management and support activities
5. Maintain the VMware VDI environment via configuration, implementation, management and support activities
6. Maintain the security baseline compliance via configuration, implementation, and remediation activities
7. Support remote offices server infra via configuration, setup, administration, maintenance and support activities
8. Monitor the server infrastructure environment’s health status, service performance, and utilization
9. Implement and maintain continuous compliance to information security policies and technical standards, report and remediation of non-compliances
10. Apply regular security patches and software updates
11. Tier-3 engineering support & Provide Business Continuity Support
Technical Skill Requirement
1. Min 10+ years of core experience in Windows, VMware administration in a global & heterogeneous environment spanning multiple datacenters
2. Experience and Expertise on Windows 2008 r2, 2012 Network services – Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, IIS, RAS, Group Policies, FTP & SFTP etc.
3. Good Understanding of virtualization technology (Hyper-V and VMware)
4. Overall knowledge and understanding on DC’s, physical hardware placements, racking, cabling etc.
5. Experience on VMware ESX 3.5, 5.0, 5.5, 6.0 vSphere would be preferable.
6. Experience in P2V, vMotion and VMware vCenter administration.
7. Good hands on Experience in diagnostics & troubleshooting of ESX server environment.
8. Good understanding of HA and DRS environment.
9. Experience in performance tuning of VMware servers and Virtual sessions and management of servers resources between virtual machines.
10. Knowledge of monitoring tools like Solarwinds, NetCool
11. Knowledge of Patch management using tools like WSUS, SCCM
12. Knowledge of ITSM and ITIL frameworks – Change Management, Incident and Problem Management. Participated in Root Cause Analysis. Exposure to ServiceNow ticketing tool.
13. Excellent in PowerShell scripting and task automation work with measurable outputs and operational efficiencies
14. Good at dealing with hardware and OEM vendors for support and troubleshooting purpose for H/W break fix and large platform/server upgrades/migration is required
15. Good at dealing and coordinating with multiple teams/stakeholders within the support structure, in order to run the daily operations smoothly
16. Excellent written & spoken communication skills with very good customer facing and stakeholder management skills at a multi geography level is must
Sr System administrator capable of handling team in both offshore and onsite model
Capable to deliver the 24x7 support model for Server infrastructure
Technically strong and capable in designing the complex server infrastructure
Excellent communication and presentation skill
Should have knowledge in multiple operating systems ( Windows , Unix , VMware ) and good skill in the Server , storage platform
Should be able to lead the team and capable to do the capacity and problem management