Windows Technical Alliance Manager
Successfully operates in HP's most complex disciplines. Provides highly innovative solutions. Leads large functional teams or projects cross-division and cross-alliance partners that affect the organization's long-term goals and objectives. Will participate in cross-division, cross-alliance partner multi-function teams. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function.
- Partner across HP teams to guide vertical integration with OS, app, and silicon partners to optimize further the performance of existing features and/or enable new untapped user experiences & workflows
- Build strategic partnerships with OS, app and silicon partners and developer communities
- Map collaboration opportunities with each partner
- Facilitate or lead technical engagement with partners to support partners’ technology, product and solution development
- Collaboration across HP will primarily include (1) Alliance Managers responsible for OS, app and silicon partner relationships and (2) Product Management / Engineering teams
- Design and drive complex, integrated current and future solution offerings based on internal products/services and external partner offerings (typical partner profile is major global 500 companies with operations in multiple regions in the enterprise business).
- Build optimal solution portfolio of partners through ongoing assessment of partners’ landscape, strategy, segment competitiveness, marketability and solution requirement and actively facilitate partner into HP portfolio offering.
- Identify and prioritize key ecosystem partners to drive technical and business alignment against HP product/services offerings.
- Recommend strategic partners HP should be focusing on a regular basis to maximize revenue and margin.
- Establish internal and external network to promote, gain buy- in and expand partner program within and across HP as appropriate.
- Strategize partner network and integrate partner into strategic HP initiative to drive market and platform direction.
Education and Experience Required
- BA or BS in Computer Science or Engineering or related field; MBA preferred
- 10+ years experience in Windows software development for hardware, or Windows OS technical presales, or product development working with engineering
- Proven understanding for how PC OS, CPU core logic, and software applications work together at the architecture level; ability to steer joint engineering initiatives
Knowledge and Skills
- In-depth experience in Windows, Intel, AMD or Qualcomm product/service/solution offerings.
- Ability to interface effectively with executive management across different business functions.
- Excellent written/oral communications and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build, manage and influence virtual teams.
- Excellent negotiating, influencing, consensus- building and conflict- resolution skills.
- Initiate/drive innovative cross- functional and cross- organizational strategies and tactics that generate revenue and share.
- High – Extensive cross- functional/cross-organizational senior management, partner and/or customer interface; deals with complex strategic/tactical issues.
HP offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
The estimated range of compensation for this job at the time of this posting is $130,000 - $172,500. This position may be eligible for incentive pay, for openings where this is applicable.