Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
Not Specified years
Posted 161 days ago
• Create and maintain comprehensive documentation as it relates to server and network topology, equipment, and configuration(s)
• Create project plans, design, and implement solutions
• Provide Level 2 and Level 3 Support for problems identified with systems and network
• Will act as an escalation for Level 1 and Level 2 Managed Services support technicians
• Create, request, and present technical specifications and requirements for purchasing of new servers and networking equipment via quote procedures
• Participate in after-hours upgrades, troubleshooting, and/or on-call availability as needed
• Standard system administration duties including server install, System/Application install and patch management, Windows problem determination and resolution, log analysis, etc.
• Configure, test, and maintain LAN equipment and services, including switches, routers, firewalls and VPN
• Identify, diagnose, and resolve network problems including network connectivity, traffic utilization, etc. using available network tools in a timely fashion
• Provide Infrastructure services in all areas needed: Storage networking, Operating System, network security, directory services, server virtualization using system backup and restore, system and network monitoring, application installation and configuration
• Assist with monthly reports, and recommendations for Managed Services Clients
• Interface with third party vendors as liaison between client and vendor
• Exercise superior customer service skills
• Stay current with system information, changes, and updates
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Physics or equivalent with Ten (10) Years experience, knowledge, skills and ability to coordinate systems development tasks to include design, integration, and formal testing with oversight of processes from transition into production.
• Experienced with developing and completing actions in systems specifications, technical and logistical requirements and other disciplines.
• Experienced in creating and maintaining programmatic and technical documentation to insure efficient planning and execution, ability to manage and document system configurations.
• Network configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting experience are a must
• Experience working with Windows 2003-2012, VMware, SBS Server, Storage Technologies
• Hands on experience with Wired and Wireless networking, PC and server virtualization software, virus protection and backup systems
• Proven background of providing great customer service
• Ability to work independently, prioritizes existing projects, and proactively determine areas requiring additional attention, monitoring or maintenance
• Strong documentation skills
• Experienced with Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008 (all versions), Windows Server 2003, Microsoft SQL Servers, scripting languages, Cold Fusion, decision agents, Microsoft Office SharePoint 2007 and 2010, Web services, IIS, PKI, VMWARE, Active Directory, Active Directory Federated Services, virtual environment, Oracle 10g and above, Oracle database architecture, and SCCM
• Top Secret Level Clearance with SCI Access
• Microsoft certifications
• VCP certification
• CCNA certification
Job Opening ID 551