AspiraTM provides connected experiences for the outdoor recreation industry. Our comprehensive suite of reservation and licensing technology and service solutions support federal, state, provincial, and local government park, campground, and conservation agencies, conveniently connecting them with outdoor adventure seekers from around the world. Aspira is headquartered in Dallas, TX with eight offices worldwide. For more information, please visit AspiraConnect.com.
Aspira is currently hiring a Windows Systems Engineer III to join our team. This position can be hired based out of our Mississauga, ON office OR our Headquarters in Dallas, TX.
- Installs and configures Windows server hardware and software, to include physical and virtual servers, Windows Server 2012 and 2016, Active Directory, IIS, VMware ESX, and Virtual Center
- Assists with the development of operating procedures for system administration activities including system monitoring, performance tuning, backup/recovery, server architecture design and system maintenance.
- Follows operating procedures and utilizes established support tools for analysis and reporting requirements.
- Executes a planned program of virus updates, patch and service pack management, including testing, deployment staging, and documentation. Install, maintain and manage Windows and other servers for automated updates.
- Performs regular system maintenance, hardware and software upgrades, physical to virtual migrations and performance tuning.
- Interfaces with Network Engineers, Storage Engineers, Database Administrators and Application Teams to collect configuration specifics.
- Actively participates in project planning to ensure timely and successful completion of projects assigned to Windows server team.
- Provides technical knowledge and recommendations to staff members as required.
- Provides server hardware capacity recommendations.
- Provides installation support for new applications and software releases.
- Provide on-call 24 x 7 support on a rotating basis.
- Implement the rigorous application of Information Security/Information Assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of Systems, Applications and/or Services (Hardware & Software).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in administrative, technical or investigative work which demonstrated the ability and aptitudes required to perform technical, managerial or analytical work involving management information systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum of 4 years progressive experience in the following:
- Large scale Windows Server Administration supporting a variety of business applications (monitoring, tuning, backup/recovery, configuration, documentation)
- Virtualization with VMWare ESXi with Virtual Center, HyperV or another Linux hypervisor
- Networking services for Directory, DNS, DHCP for devices and users in a worldwide WAN.
- Active Directory PKI authentication and protocols for certificate/smartcard revocation
- Windows server implementation and configuration (O/S load, patch updates, application load and configuration)
- Supporting a variety of application within the Windows server environment (business applications, databases, web services, messaging, monitoring tools, etc.)
NICE TO HAVE
- F5 BIG-IP Knowledge in APM (access policy manager), and LTM (for local site load balancing).
- Hands-on administration experience in a WebSphere Application Server clustered environment