Become a Windows Systems Administrator and join our IT Operations team. We execute the integration of Windows based products and services into a complex data center and network environment in an efficient, secure, scalable, reliable, and cost-effective manner.
We want you to provide evaluation, implementation and support for Windows based solutions for our production systems and applications. You'll perform in these functions:
- Windows bases technologies and associated systems
- Office 365 (Core Operations support)
- 3rd party Microsoft Windows based applications
- Various Microsoft Windows Server Roles/Features
- Server and storage system support
You will be responsible for planning and executing small-to-medium scale projects within our Technical Operations team. You will provide new business unit initiatives and updates to our existing product line that require planning, incredible attention to detail, and precise execution.
What will you do?
- Administer Active Directory and associated roles (DNS, DHCP, Print, RDS, WSFC)
- Handle Email/Exchange and O365 administration and troubleshooting
- Administer F5 Data Backup and Recovery systems, including NetApp/EMC, and Commvault
- Install and support Dell, Cisco and Nutanix Servers as well as assist with Azure IaaS Administration
- Support daily operations by resolving incidents, requests, and problems associated with various IT systems.
- Provide comprehensive administration of assigned systems, including product evaluation, selection, installation, integration, user support, problem resolution, & ongoing maintenance of hardware, operating systems, networking, and application software.
- Lead technical implementation tasks on large/complex systems and infrastructure projects.
- Help project teams to develop, document, and analyze business & technical requirements; conduct alternatives analyses; prepare project specifications, plans & schedules; communicate with partners; oversee approvals & necessary resources; and deliver fully validated and tested results on-time, within budgeted costs.
- Lead, develop, and implement forward-looking strategies for satisfying worldwide business needs and maintaining technical currency with assigned systems.
- Establish & Maintain up-to-date configuration and recovery documentation for assigned systems.
- Lead ongoing communications regarding system issues/activities with our partners: department executives and managers, end users, IT staff, vendors, customers, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively prioritize work, juggling daily supportresponsibilities with project/product driven roles and actions to automate/evolve the environment.
- Excellent hands-on experience and skills with operating systems (Windows 2008/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2/2016), infrastructure applications (DNS/DHCP/Print etc.), and general IT infrastructure operations.
- Experience handling Microsoft Active Directory in a medium-large production environment.
- Be able to take on complex issues down to potential contributing components, identify root cause if possible or gather supporting evidence for partner concern
- Ability to incorporate daily sustaining roles with continued progress on strategic improvements. Prioritize issues, determine what needs immediate attention, and oversee actions/maintain focus to achieve the greatest efficiency.
- Dive into performance issues when looking after Windows physical or virtual machines.
- Work with Customer Service and Product Management to understand requirements and translate them into efficient system designs and operational support structures.
- Showcase a level of competency in at least one OS and an in-depth knowledge in IT infrastructure
- Develop scripts and other tools for automations (one procedural or scriptinglanguage, such as PowerShell)
- Advanced systems analysis and design skills with broad focus on supporting systems.
- Show us your familiarity with IT governance methodologies (ITIL, COBIT, MOF, etc.)
It would also be nice if you had experience with SMTP Email & Exchange 2016/) 365, Microsoft SCCM/SCOM, a high degree of experience with VMware vSphere platforms, experience with Amazon AWS and/or Microsoft Azure and knowledge with Microsoft SQL Server (Operational Administration)
How do you qualify?
- Hold a college degree in a computer discipline, or equivalent applicable experience.
- Provide a strong base of operating system and network basics through school (Associate degree), certification, or applicable experience.
- Technical certifications desirable.
- Bring a minimum 2 years’ experience as a Systems Administrator
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Job requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.