The Windows Systems Administrator will provide support for the Civilian Human Resource Agency. The ideal candidate will be responsible for system administration, maintenance, troubleshooting, and monitoring functions for both physical and virtual environments. The Windows Systems Administrator will support the dynamic day-to-day IT operations, system monitoring and maintenance, and solution implementation and problem resolution for all of the client problems. Specific duties include:
- Patch Management: acquiring, testing, and installing OS and Windows application patches.
- Security Vulnerability Management: evaluating ACAS/Nessus scans and remediating security vulnerabilities. Ensure compliance of Windows Assets with the DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG).
- Service Level Management: maintain compliance with customer service level agreements (SLAs) for managed services using approved ticketing system. Customer service skills diagnosing and resolving problems in response to customer reported incidents.
- System performance enhancement and troubleshooting. Account Management: Account set up and password resets.
- MUST have an Active DOD Secret security clearance (or higher).
- Must have IAT II certification requirements (Security+ CE, Microsoft Certified Solution Associate (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Solution Engineer (MCSE) Windows 2012) certification.
- 5+ years of previous System administration experience.
- Expertise working with Microsoft SCCM and Citrix.
- Strong understanding of implementing industry and government best security practices.
- Ability to work with a team and collaborate with various government personnel.