This position is responsible for the day-to-day, 24 x 7 operational support of the Windows Server infrastructure with a focus on operating system integrity, security, and performance. The key duties for this role involve tasks associated with server administration in a highly virtualized environment, perform system maintenance, support and management of the Windows Server OS throughout the enterprise. The overall goal is to provide exceptional uptime, reliability, security, and system performance improvements. This position requires interactions with cross-functional teams and coordination of tasks.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
- Develops and provides automated services and support for current and previous versions of Windows Server operating system.
- automated systems to Manages virtual and physical Windows servers,
- including server provisioning, upgrading, monitoring, maintaining, and
- performance optimization.
- Assists with other functions like monthly server security patching, OS images and templates updates including troubleshooting, reporting, and performing follow-up actions.
- Creates systems, KB and other documents as needed.
- Writes queries and reports supporting and adhering to change control policies that help to define and develop best practices for Windows Server management.
- Performs necessary software upgrades and installation.
- Assists in other areas of the department as necessary.
- Assists in other departments of the company as necessary.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
Computer, phone, printer, copier, fax
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
- 3-5 years Knowledge/experience with Windows Servers (WS2012 and WS2016) in an enterprise environment.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience with developing automated services using Scripting Language (PowerShell), and API level programming languages.
- 3-5 years knowledge/experience of hardware, software, virtualization and networking (TCP/IP and port usage), Active Directory & related technologies (DNS, Group Policies, etc.).
- 2-3 years experience with support
- tools including, Orchestration tools, Puppet, Ansible, BigFix, VMware,
- SCOM, InfoBlox, Squared Up and FireEye for automation and in depth
- system troubleshooting analysis.
- Must have a positive attitude and able to work in a team environment.
- Must be extremely responsive and be able to work under pressure in stressful situations with a strong sense of urgency.
- Responsible, conscientious, organized, self-motivated, and able to work with limited supervision.
- Strong oral and written skills, and an ability to interact with other teams and management level.
- Must have proven ability to follow priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Strong critical thinking, analysis, and problem solving skills with attention to details.
- Availability and willingness to participate in 24 x 7 on call rotation.
- Requires periodic work outside of regular business hours that can include evenings, weekends, holidays.
- Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
- Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.