We are looking for Windows System Engineer for our client in Pleasanton, CA
Job Title: Windows System Engineer
Job Location: Pleasanton, CA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- This position will be part of a talented team that is responsible for the growth, ongoing maintenance and development of a large windowsinfrastructure on-prem and in the cloud
- The ideal candidate must be a self-starter with strong work ethics and foundations in Windows
- Design, configure, deploy, maintain and supportWindows/Active Directory 2008, 2012, 2016
- with VMware 5.0+
- Member of the systems administration team to harden, patch and vulnerability remediation
- Knowledge in CIS standards, benchmarks and security bulletins.
- Team player, self-starter attitude working withother senior staff to architect, design and
- recommend systems topology.
- Document architecture diagrams, configuration procedures and process. Mentor/train junior
- members of the team
- Provide L3support and on-call rotation duties
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in IT.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in MSWindowsengineering and design capacities.
- Deep Understanding of Windows Fundamentals and concepts.
- Advanced scriptingexperience with the PowerShell/other tools.
- System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012?1602experience - Build, Deployment, Patching, Asset managementexperience.
- System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) 2012?1602experience? Build, Deployment, Configuration and management
- Experience with security scanning tools such as Nexpose, Qualys, Checkpoint is a plus
- Experience in Azure and Oracle cloud technologies? Design, build and deployment with cloud tools.
- Strong general IT and Data Center infrastructure knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, AD/LDAP and other core technologies such as NTP, TCP/IP, FCIP, iSCSI, SAN, NAS etc.
- Working knowledge of server hardware from different vendors such as HP, Dell etc.
- Strong understanding of network and server security.
- Working knowledge of agile methodologies