Summary of This Role
Responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining Windows systems in company environments. This includes all approved vendor hardware and software for enabling the developmental, operational and production support groups to perform their assigned tasks. Serves as a technical resource for the company and is responsible for resolving issues with the hardware and software used at company installations.
What Part Will You Play?
- Installs, documents, and configures Windows Operating Systems. Reviews complex designs and configures hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with design requirements. Performs Operational Acceptance Testing and evaluations as part of Service Integration, ensuring acceptability and usability on a scale, capacity, resiliency and reliability level. May provide estimates of work effort and impact of projects and tasks. May design and implement multi-site Windows Active Directory infrastructure.
- Monitors systems to ensure platforms are available in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Provides support to ensure that the monitoring systems are available at all times and that the appropriate thresholds and alerts have been set to ensure system availability. Reacts and responds to events in accordance with escalation procedures. Provides complex statistical information to datacentre management for weekly and monthly status update and additional information as required. Acts as the role of 3rd line technical support. Deploys changes in accordance with the TSYS change control process. Raises, updates and closes change control tickets in accordance with Service Management guidelines.
- Monitors and reviews system logs, detect and troubleshoot problems, and escalate to appropriate level. Supports issue resolution as and when required, uses the available ticketing application to record activities. Provides feedback and updates to the Incident resolution support teams. Provides on callsupport within the on call structure 24/7. Investigates, troubleshoots, and provides mentoring for escalated issues.
- Conducts complex system maintenance by planning and developing strategy on patch management, firmware management and Operating Systems upgrades in line with best practices across TSYS and the industry at large. Provides out of hours support for pre-arranged changes and maintenance events. Ensures systems are backed up in accordance with required practices and procedures. Mentors less experienced team members in becoming active participants in maintenance functions.
- Reports and assists in investigation of security breaches in accordance with Information Security guidelines. Reviews and investigates any issues identified via security monitoring applications. Reviews system access in line with the required practices and procedures following Information Security guidelines. Maintains the systems responsible to the level required to meet the Payment Card Industry (PCI), Security Standards and other applicable industry best practices.
- Create and review the availability of disaster recovery systems, maintaining code, configuration and documentation in-line with Production systems. Perform regular disaster recovery testing for internal and client facing systems.
- Interacts closely with the respective client service representatives and works with all levels of team members across business units within the company. Provides team members with detailed platform overview training and supporting documentation for operational, configuration, or other procedural purposes.. Attends status calls when requested and provides detailed technical support.
- Evaluates all systems supported or maintained for potential service improvements utilizing automation and orchestrations technologies. Ensures skills are updated by attending the appropriate courses, utilization of reference materials, Internet resources, and vendor sponsored seminars.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Major in Computer Science preferred, other majors considered. Willing to accept additional experience in lieu of a degree.
- Typically Minimum 4 Years Relevant Exp
- Experience in system administration or related experience.
- Typically Minimum 6 Years Relevant Exp
- Implementing and maintaining Active Directory; Windows Server; MS Windows Clustering; enterprise SAN and NAS configurations; MS SCCM and VMware VCM; Antivirus Software, Application White Listing and Device Control; TCP/IP and other networking principles including DNS and DHCP; scriptinglanguage; Experience with managing VMWare virtualization technologies; Virtual Center Management and Administration; vSphere Server, vSphere Client, and vCenter Server; Installation and support of VMware View to include Pool Management, Entitlements, Upgrades, and Break/Fix; deploying virtual machines and use technologies such as Snapshots, clones, templates.
- MCSE Certified or equivalent
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
- Job Complexity - Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Supervision - Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Active Directory -
- Windows Server, MS Windows Clustering -