This opportunity requires work to be delivered at the client site in Tiverton Ontario. Located on the shores of Lake Huron in scenic Bruce County, Tiverton is approximately 3 hours NW of Toronto.
In the role of Windows Specialist you are responsible for working with Active Directory, Building servers, Firewalls, Exchange and Administration etc.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for the administration and support of day to day operations of the corporate LAN/Microsoft server environment consisting of primarily Windows servers.
- Administration of Microsoft domain services including Active Directory, GPO, user accounts, shares, security permissions, DHCP, DNS, etc
- System management and security of Windows/Intel (WINTEL) servers ensuring maximum system availability and performance.
- Research, design and implement Microsoft services/servers and software solutions for business needs.
- Build, configure, maintain and monitor server hardware as well as track inventory.
- Manage projects and construct deployment strategies .
- SharePoint administration – windows Stack
- Create and configure networks as per requirements enforcing best practices and standards, equipment standards, naming conventions, device configurations, backups, monitoring and documentation.
- Create and drive out model-driven design strategies to increase network redundancy and resilience including testing and inspecting data communication systems, Trouble-shoot network problems
- Develop strategies for network acquisitions and upgrades
- Storage and understanding of what is connected to the environment
- Design, Implementation and administration of backup and recovery environments for customers
- Support the company's Cloud Backup offering and its customers
- Responding to support tickets
- Provide technical recommendations and problem resolution
- Spins new servers – Physical or virtual environment, Hosts and VMWare infrastructure
Professional Qualifications & Experience
- University degree/diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 8 to 10 years’ experience in Infrastructure majority of experience in Network, Firewall and Security
- Must have 5 years working on Network design and architecture
- Should have very good knowledge and hands on experience with firewalls and rules
- Must have expert knowledge of networking devices, firewall devices, security devices
- Experience installing, configuration, designing, and supporting MSExchange in a Enterprise environment;
- Experience designing, configuring, installing and supporting Active Directory/DNS/Group & Federation/PKI in an Enterprise environment;
- Experience configuring and supporting MS technologies an Enterprise environment;
- Experience supporting System Center 2012 (SCOM, SCCM, SCSM and Orchestrator) in an Enterprise environment;
- Experience supporting MS SharePoint Administration/workflows/FIM-MIM;
- Experience supporting Lync 2010-13
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and technical trouble-shooting skills
- Solid experience with SAN and Protection operational needs
- Proficiency with documentation; desk level procedures, diagrams
- Strong understanding of ITIL processes relating to Incident, Problem, Change
- Day to day administration of customers backup and recovery environments remotely
- Architecting and Implementing backup and recovery solutions at customer locations
Who we are
Headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia and founded in 1966, Sierra Systems is a top tier IT services and management consulting firm offering a full range of advisory services, systems integration, and managed application services.
With approximately 800 professionals across Canada, Sierra Systems has developed deep expertise in its targeted industries and has earned a reputation for delivering superior solutions that strengthen organizations’ operational performance.
Our unwavering commitment to our clients’ needs has allowed us to build long-term, trusting, and loyal relationships. It has given us the ability to set ambitious objectives for client projects and meet them time and time again with unparalleled speed and precision.
We offer a full range of management consulting, systems integration and managed services tailored to the unique needs of each industry in which we have deep expertise – including: Canadian government, justice, health, energy, and the commercial sector. We focus on delivering a boutique experience backed by the resources, deep knowledge, and expertise our 50-year heritage provides to tackle large scale projects.