Leidos is actively interviewing for a Windows System Administrator (SCCM) to join our team in Quantico, VA.
The Systems Administrator will perform a range of installation, maintenance and sustainment duties supporting approximately 200 workstations. Responsible for Client OS and application patch deployment as well as patching standards and process to maintain health across the environment.
The successful candidate will provide operations and sustainment support including hardware and peripheral connections, troubleshoot hardware and software issues, perform preventive maintenance, apply operating system and application patches, and address findings from workstation security scans.
The selected candidate will interface with teammates, the customer technical task manager, the Security, Application, Infrastructure and ITSM teams to coordinate Windows patching deployments.
They will create and maintain operational procedures as needed to ensure patching success rates and will be the main point of communication for security patching.
Additionally, the candidate will interface with customers and management to plan and prioritize support activities, to conduct reviews, and provide reporting on patching status and any trends seen to help improve the health of the environment.
• Support the installation, maintenance, and sustainment of approximately 200 workstations.
• Using System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), build packages and deploy and test mission applications including upgrades and patches
• Execute planned and unscheduled maintenance activities and upgrades.
• Coordinate with internal and external offices to resolve customer desktop or connection issues.
• Support hardware recap activities.
• Isolate and resolve equipment malfunctions.
• Coordinate, track and close helpdesk incident reports.
• Provide weekly activity reports detailing work accomplished, issues/resolutions, planned activities, etc.
• Perform system start-up, shutdown, monitoring, tuning and backups.
• Perform system configuration and upgrades.
• Perform user account maintenance, operating system and software upgrades.
• Coordinate certification and accreditation activities with Information Assurance personnel.
• Perform workstation security scans and resolve findings.
• Manage software licenses including allocation and removal (if necessary).
• Adhere to MCIA, DoD, DoN and other appropriate standards, regulations, and directives.
• BS Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other Engineering or Technical discipline and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. Four additional years of applicable experience may be substituted for the degree.
• Installing and upgrade operating system software and applications, including patches.
• Provide support for workstations and printers, including the configuration of the hardware devices, and testing new software.
• Develop and monitor backup procedures.
• Maintaining IAVA compliance, including running virus scans.
• Identify and execute process improvements and other enhancements that improve operational efficiency.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
• Create and maintain documentation to help train employees resolve day to day issues and knowledge transfer.
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing to end users and management.
• Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple priorities along with a strong work ethic.
• Experience with Windows Server and Windows Desktop administration.
• Proficient in Windows 7, 8 & 10 troubleshooting and support
• Experience with SCCM desktop management suite.
• Experience supporting geographic information system (GIS) software.
• Experience using Remedy or other helpdesk ticketing software.
• DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (i.e., Security+CE)
• DoD 8140 Windows computing environment certification (i.e., MCSA Windows 10).
• U.S. Citizenship required.
• Experience with Microsoft WSUS
• Support Authorization To Operate (ATO) package development, support, adjustment, justification and implementations support.
• Collect quantitative and qualitative data leveraging imagery download statistics from analyst's workstations and any available GFI.