In support of the service assurance and service delivery aspects of the customer’s OSS Division, the Windows System Administrator (SA) will provide support configuring, maintaining, patching, & upgrading MS Windows Server versions 2008 through 2012 operating systems in accordance with commercial best practices and Department of Defense directives and instructions. The SA will be able to take on a variety of assignments concurrently to meet functional and technical requirements as defined by solution descriptions and detailed requirements artifacts. Knowledge of Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA’s) and Security Technical Implementation Guide(STIG) methodology is critical.
Must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Manage and configure Windows server environments.
- Perform OS patches and upgrades.
- Perform general technical trouble shooting and give consultation to development teams
- Perform backup and recovery procedures.
- Create installation, patch, upgrade, & environment documentation.
- Participate in collegial technical reviews of architectural & engineering solutions, and risk mitigation challenges.
- Escalate issues which will cause schedule delays proactively.
- Work as part of a team and provide 24x7 support when required.
· Extensive experience with one or more one operating system shell scripts
· Knowledge of software development lifecycle methodologies
· Familiarity with PKI authentication and other authentication principles
· Deep understanding of MS Windows OS and closely-related applications & tools.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to interact professionally with executives, customers, vendors and department staff
· Excellent analytical, organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
· Must be a US Citizen
· Must be able to obtain a SECRET clearance
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other scientific or technical discipline directly related to the labor category + three (3) years’ experience of which at least three (2) years must be specialized.