Our staff provides cyber security support to the Department of Energy National Nuclear Security Administration.
Criterion Systems is seeking to hire a Windows System Administrator in Las Vegas, Nevada. The candidate will be part of the Cyber Security Network Operations team supporting a 24x7x365 operational environment. The position requires communication with customers via email and phone regarding service outages and support requests. In addition to providing and documenting any updates of service tickets and track problem resolution. The candidate will also support enterprise cybersecurity operations and call center teams by monitoring network hardware and applications,and execute engineering tasks to resolve issues. Applicant must be a positive, flexible, self-starter requiring minimal supervision, and able to excel in a fast-paced environment. Communication skills are critical with the ability to verbalize and provide documentation to both technical and non-technical audiences. Applicants must be detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task effectively.
- Follow up on technical issues with operations and call center teams and all stakeholders in resolution process.
- Support software and hardware issues and ensure stable system performance.
- Execute systems administration tasks in support of system performance tuning on workstations, applications or network infrastructure in support of Microsoft Windows operating systems services.
- Observe industry best practices, standards, and procedures.
- Partner with other team members to integrate Linux/Unix services with Microsoft Windows systems.
- Support maintenance and monitoring of the system/server infrastructure to include patching, system upgrade, backup, and configuration.
- Conduct problem management process (root cause analysis) attempt to determine the real or underlying cause of an incident in order to prevent future recurrences.
- Support forensic analysis, triage, and break fix of system server/server related trouble tickets.
- Perform account management, including user account creation and deletion.
- Perform certification and professional development training to remain current on technologies and to improve skill sets and efficiency.
- This position may require shift work based on operational requirements.
- Some limited travel required < 30%
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related engineering discipline. Bachelor's Degree can be substitute with 4 years of work experience in computer and information technology related field.
- Five (5) years of work experience
- DOE Q or TS Clearance or ability to attain one.
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Minimum of 2-3 years' experience supporting Windows servers in a hybrid enterprise environment
- Intermediate awareness and knowledge of the following technologies:
- Enterprise Linux
- Microsoft Windows
- Varied database platforms
- Customer service focus, and strong interface/communication skills
- Ability to ask relevant questions of customers and engineers in support of problem resolution.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to follow procedures and work instructions to perform tasks
- Identify process gaps and proactively improve system inefficiencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to mentor others
- Compliance with DoD 8570 CND-IAT I, CND-IAT II, CND-IAT III within six months of hire