Northrop Grumman is seeking a Windows System Administrator to join our team in defining the future. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, California. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Information Technology support team.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage systems, including Windows servers, desktops, and applications for several program or project areas. Support highly skilled engineers working with advanced engineering tools. System Administrators are responsible for installation, configuration and maintenance of multi-purposed servers, as well as service ticket and outage response within a secure environment with strict security policies and procedures.
- The administration of classified Windows systems within strict security policies and procedures includes the following tasks:
- OS installations and network configurations on servers and workstations
- Implement recovery procedures to include the backup and potential restoration within agreed timeframes
- Work closely with network, software, hardware and security engineers, whether remote or on site
- Define, understand & implement computer lab requirements
- Perform technical research to drive solutions for system or software limitations
- COTS software installation, configuration and maintenance (to include first-level application support for users)
- Create accurate, detailed technical procedures & installation instructions
- Use knowledge of NISPOM (Chapter 8) and/or DCID 6/3-ICD 503 information system requirements
- Prepare security documentation for submission to regulatory agencies as required
- Comply with security requirements, which may include weekly system checks for Antivirus, logging, and network system services
- Ensure data integrity by evaluating, proposing, implementing and managing software and hardware solutions
- Recommend and implement approved system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed
- Occasional travel may be required
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree with 5 years of related experience or 9 years of related experience in lieu of a completed degree.
- Active Secret Clearance with ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance, in scope background investigation.
- DoD 8570 IA Certification (Security+CE).
- One or more years of experience with Linux administration.
- Knowledge of NISPOM (Chapter 8) and/or DCID 6/3-ICD 503 information system requirements.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 3 years of Windows Systems Administration experience.
- Experience working with SCCM/WSUS and VMWare.
- Experience with license servers and license server concepts.
- Experience with Linux/UNIX.
- Experience managing system and application inventories using tools like MS Excel.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment where multiple projects are being developed and deployed simultaneously.
- The ability to work well within a team environment and ability to adapt quickly to change.