Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Software Developer to support a variety of software development assignments. You will work in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team environment focusing on tool development and automation for Microsoft technologies. This position is in the Information Technology Solutions Division (ITSD) working as part of the LivIT Workforce Enablement Team in the Computation Directorate which supports the LivIT program.
This position will be filled at either the SES.2 or SES.3 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
- Employ moderately complex software engineering methods to gather functional requirements, provide input and status for project tracking, conduct systems analysis, prototype using appropriate tools, and follow proven software and quality assurance methodologies.
- Design, implement, deploy, and code using a variety of broadly defined technologies and development techniques working with team members.
- Provide knowledge sharing/mentoring with team members to implement system enhancements.
- Collaborate with management, customers and team members on buy-vs-build analysis and support selection, deployment and integration of COTS packages.
- Mentor team members on software engineering methods, code design, and development.
- Contribute to the fulfillment of technical projects and organizational objectives functioning as an effective team member on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition at the SES.3 Level
- Manage multiple advanced parallel tasks and priorities of customers and stakeholders, ensuring deadlines are met, while leveraging team member's skills.
- Design, implement, deploy, and maintain software systems using object-oriented analysis, design, and programming techniques.
- Develop tools and procedures to improve monitoring infrastructures services and automate various complex tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with object-oriented programming in high-level languages such as C#, C++, or Java.
- Broad experience with relational database design and techniques, object-oriented database design and development methodologies, and ability to understand the benefits and liabilities of various design patterns.
- Experience with source code control systems such as Team Foundation Server, Visual Studio Team Services, Git, Maven, or Subversion.
- Broad experience with IDE such as Visual Studio, IntelliJ, or Eclipse.
- Proficient interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate as part of a cohesive development team working with multiple customers and organizations simultaneously with time constraints and present and explain technical information to others.
In Addition at the SES.3 Level
- Advanced knowledge and significant experience in designing, implementing, deploying, and maintaining software systems using object-oriented analysis, design, and programming techniques.
- Advanced ability to provide innovative approaches and apply new technologies to broadly defined tasks and projects.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills for complex problems.
- Experience supporting/integrating Microsoft applications, such as Active Directory, MS PKI, Azure or Office 365.
- Experience with mobile development platforms and/or ServiceNow platform.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.